InsideFlyer.com [English] United States InsideFlyer.uk [English] United Kingdom InsideFlyer.de [German] Germany InsideFlyer.no [Norwegian] Norway InsideFlyer.se [Swedish] Sweden InsideFlyer.dk [Danish] Denmark InsideFlyer.nl [Dutch] Benelux
Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by chanp, Sep 8, 2011.
| Print Topic
Out today on VZW, $299 w new 2 year contract. Who's getting one? If not, what are you waiting for?
Edited to add: Engadget's review of the device. (If you want the point of the review: Engadget doesn't seem that impressed with it, battery lackluster).
I will probably making a decision once the iPhone 5 comes out. Would rather know the specifics of the new iPhone before purchasing a Droid.
So far, the top-tier LTE phones from Verizon, HTC's Thunderbolt and Motorola's Bionic, seem to have battery issues. That alone concerns me.
I have waited almost a year to chuck my BlackBerry, I can wait another month or two to see what the iPhone 5 is like. After the antenna issue with 4, I'm fairly confident Apple is going to be double-checking everything on 5 to make sure there isn't a repeat of the antenna thing.
I think the Bionic was delayed too often to make it worth getting at this point.
The next batch of phones are dual core 1.4-1.5GHz and are built around Ice Cream Sandwich.
Picked one up today. Seems like my Droid X I had last year. Put it up against the X, Bionic is faster. In the 4G area, this thing downloads things really quick. Havent messed too much with it yet. Will post later.
If anyone wants one, I suggest Costco. For 279.99, I got the phone, nav doc, extra battery, cla, leather case, external battery charger and car mount. I think those extras alone must be over $100, if not more. Plus, they only charge sales tax on the price your buying the phone at, not full retail, like VZW does. Talked with my buddy at VZW, he said he cant touch that deal and to get it at Costco. Good luck!
I think your right. Will try the Bionic and if I dont like it, get the new one. I think ICS will be avail to all the phones shortly after release, esp these new dual core ones.
I'm a big apple fan as well, but from what I'm reading, no 4g/lte on the IP5, so no go for me.
Yes until a single chipset can handle both 3G and LTE, no LTE for iPhone. We're probably talking iPhone 6 at the earliest...according to what I have heard as well...which is sad since I can't wait to chuck my Blackberry Storm 2.
I'm willing to ditch my BB Storm 2 prior to an LTE iPhone coming out.
If it boils down to waiting a few more seconds to have a webpage pop-up versus waiting another year or so for an LTE-enabled device....I'll take the iPhone 5.
LTE is supposedly 5-10 times faster than 3G. We shall see.