Drive time from LHR to LON on mid-morning Sundays

Discussion in 'LHR/LGW/LCY/LTN/STN | London Area Airports' started by mdtravel, Apr 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried this on the 'other' forum and I'm hoping for better results here. I've been to London before. I've taken the express trains before. This time, I'm leaning toward a cab for various reasons but am trying to get a feel for what the travel time will be.

I know times vary, and I know during the week they can be lousy. I'm thinking that Sundays will be quite a bit less busy since not as many people will be commuting in for work.

On a typical Sunday, how long is the typical commute between LHR and Piccadilly Circus? Does anyone have recent experience?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Weekday rush hour around 90 minutes. Sunday if no event should be 45-60 minutes, less if you can get through before 12 when Harrods opens.
    I would prebook a car rather than use a cab. Chauffeured Services is great - £150 return for brand new Mercedes E Class (mention my name if quote is higher and I think it should come down to this). The one time we used a can it was more like £85 1-way and much less comfortable.

Newscience likes this.
  3. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    We ended up just hopping a cab and couldn't have been happier. I forgot how cool / easy London cabs are. The ride took around 40 minutes on Sunday morning...9:00 - 9:40. I forget the total on the meter, but am thinking it was around 50 pounds.