Drink service starting points

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by JayBee, Mar 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JayBee
    Original Member

JayBee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never bother to notice what row (besides the front row) that the FA's start taking drink orders. Seems every time I am dying of thirst I pick the wrong row and get served last or close to it. Does anyone know the protocol? Also, how come they don't use drink carts? If you ask for a whole can of pop/soda will they give it to you?

2. HPN-HRL
    Original Member

HPN-HRL Silver Member

Status Points:
    To answer your questions in reverse order:

• They will gladly give you a whole can of soda/juice - and even another if you finish your first one.
    • They only need to bring drinks, not meals like other airlines used to. By using trays, they don't block the aisles and carry less weight, saving fuel.
    • Drink service usually starts in rows 1, 8, and 16 - but this can vary if the plane is 1/2 full or less.

I hope this helps!

JayBee likes this.
  3. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually, it's usually row 17 instead of 16 on a full flight. I tend to sit in 17D on short flights and 16D on long ones, as on a longer flight I'd rather have a beverage a little later in the flight, and 16 tends to be the row that gets their drinks last (last one served by the middle FA, and more walking back and forth for the middle FA).

4. HPN-HRL
    Original Member

HPN-HRL Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the correction - I usually sit ~row 18 to be sure I get earlier service.