DRASTIC REDUCTION IN UNITED FIRST CLASS HOT MEAL SERVICES

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by whalesharkdaddy, Nov 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. whalesharkdaddy

whalesharkdaddy New Member

Status Points:
    Apparently the "Bean Counters"@ UNITED AIRLINES Jeff Smizek etal has decided to limit Hot & Full Meal Services on UNITED in North & Latin America. I fly CUN-IAH each month & have been please with the Hot Hamn Cheese Sandwich with Yogurt & Fresh Fruit on Morning Flights & the Shrimp Salad for Lunch/Dinner. Imagine my surprise last week departing from Cancun to be served a stale Mexican SweetRoll on a plate & NOTHING Else! On the Afternoon Return it was WORSE! A small Package of Cookies on a plate & NO HOT TOWEL? When I asked for another Cookie I was told by the embarassed FA she replied she was catered 16! 1 Package per passenger! I IMMEDIATELY Complained to "CUSTOMER CARE"& was told UNITED has RE-ALIGNED in flight services & that no Flights Under 900 miles in US or Latin America will receive DESERVED Premium Meals. (CUN-IAH is just 812 miles)

To further exaberate this Total BS, when ticketing the same route for December I was "Graciously"offered a First Class seat for just $509 MORE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!)

All Concerned UNITED flyers need to contact UNITED CUSTOMER CARE to Complain & get this REVERSED!!!!! 1-800-932-2732 or 1-800-864-8331 Customer Care Mgr is Anne Seeley
    anne.seeley@united.com.......By mail Customer Care 900 Grand Plaza Houston TX 77067

Lets FLOOD thesechannels with COMPLAINTS & Boycott UNITEDS FIRST CLASS SERVICES especially for Business people Paying their NOW outrageous 1st Class Fares

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They still have some great service ORD PEK food is great, I can even get 2 drinks before departure in F, only one in J, so thing are rough in the back...

3. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, at least they did not try to get you to eat the "Breakfast Sausages of Death." We have flown UA BC & FC eight times this year, and the breakfast selections are perfectly horrible - regardless of which cabin one is in. Note: the Frittata is at least edible, with few ill effects.

About 10 years ago, UA was really making strides in upgrading their in-flight meals, and especially in BC & FC. Then, they decided to go with Charlie Trotter (RIP), as their "executive chef," and the food quality plunged, as did the wine selections. Once, I sort of looked forward to the food "up front," but not so for many years. We just say "the heck with it," and fill up in the FC Lounge, and decline everything but the Cheese Course with Port.

4. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Other than international flights, I don’t bother with inflight meals. I have a few places that I get my meals just before I board. I use a heat retaining bag to keep the food warm while taking off. If I am in business class, I ask the FA to keep it warm and serve it rather than what they provide. Most of the FA end up eating my United meal.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems now they don't even bother to print the wine selection in the menu anymore in BF. When I asked for red wine, I was asked "the French or the Australian swill?" Ok maybe I misunderstood and the FA didn't actually say "swill" but the rest was what he said.

estnet likes this.
  6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    And a UA sup couldn't understand why I was jumping through hoops (created by UA inability to do anything correctly) to change my flight from UA to LH:(