Doubletree San Jose, California

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by LIH Prem, Dec 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my quest for my 4 stay gold challenge, stay #2 is at the San Jose, CA Doubletree.

Conveniently located at 101S at the Brokaw Rd exit, near the San Jose Airport, this is a large full service property with lots of convention/meeting room space.

Parking is gated, and not free here, since the property is near the airport, I suppose.

After finding a spot (park on the side closer to Airport, since that side is closer to the hotel elevators), I proceeded to the friendly front desk clerks, who asked to see my ID, and explained my corporate benefits here, free parking, free internet and a coupon for a continental breakfast or I can use it towards $10 towards any items off the menu. Geri also explained that as a Silver elite member, the 2 bottles of Nestle water in the room are complimentary, but not the other water (Voss, in this case) in the room. She explained that the free water benefit was for Silver elite members or higher. I didn't know that my Silver elite status which I get just for having the no-fee Hilton Amex card provided any real benefits, but it does. Apparently there's a lounge here for higher elite levels, but they no longer have the managers receptions at Doubletrees as Geri explained to me.

The lobby is a large space, with a restaurant, etc and a large sundry shop, and it's a bit of a long walk to the room elevators. The King Bed room was nicely decorated (for a hotel room) reasonably modern furnishings, outlets everywhere including several at the top right hand side of the desk, which is a very nice feature.

I notice that the clock looks identical to the one at the Hilton and wonder if it has the little H logo on it too. Is that a Hilton thing? :) Ah, of course it has the doubtletree logo on top instead of the H in the circle here. Do all the Hilton brands have their own similar logo-ed clocks?

Anyway, I like this location and this hotel much better than the Hilton Newark/Fremont I stayed in last night. My room is facing 101, and if you are sensitive to road noise, you will want to ask for a room on the other side of the hotel, but the noise won't bother me as I always keep the tv on at all times. It might be kind of noisy on this side of the hotel when the roads are wet, I'd imagine.

Given an attractive rate, a reason to be in this area (my "office" is nearby), and a quest for Hilton stay credits, I would stay here again.

I took some pictures with my iphone ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

continued ...

HaveMilesWillTravel and uggboy like this.
  2. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    continued from post #1 ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ate some ... this cookie is good, much better than the crappy CO/UA cookie.

[​IMG]

uggboy and DAS02135 like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the fantastic review of this Doubletree property, a gorgeous room and nice benefits here, excellent insights! Regarding the Clock Radio, yes, it seems to be the same at any Hilton property, only with the DT logo printed on top. Sounds like a keeper this hotel.:)

How are the Citron by Crabtree and Evelyn amenities?

Thank you!:)

LIH Prem likes this.
  4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    After the Peter Thomas Roth products at Hiltons, the Citron products at DoubleTrees are my favorite bath amenities in the Hilton family (though this may change in a few weeks when I have my first stay at a W-A).

The Citron products work well, have a very refreshing smell, and don't use typical shampoo chemicals. In fact, I used them this morning at home!

LIH Prem and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update, sounds indeed very refreshing, look forward to use them too!:)

Report back on the new Salvatore Ferragamo products now rolled out at each W-A property around the world. Happy and Safe travels!:)

LIH Prem likes this.