DoubleTree San Francisco Airport reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a fine choice if you need a place to stay by the San Francisco airport.

• It’s quiet. The hotel is a couple miles from the airport, but it is near some busy roads. Still, I heard absolutely nothing from either outside the hotel or from the halls, other rooms, etc.
    • It’s not very expensive, with rates usually below $100.
    • It has a nice, comfortable bar which has a kind of library / drawing room feel to it.
    • The airport shuttle is always running, and I’ve never had to wait more than 5 minutes for it.
    The only downside is the lack of benefits for HHonors elite members:
    • The hotel did nothing to recognize my status. I was a Gold member when I stayed here.
    • There is no Executive Lounge. There is, however, a lounge for flight crew members. This was the only time I’ve come across that.

LIH Prem, Toula, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite a stretched out property, it seems :D

I have never stayed at the property as I live close-by, but it's close to the Bay, and if you like plane-spotting, you can take a walk on a path along the bay all the way to the fence around SFO.

LIH Prem, Toula and uggboy like this.
  3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I've only had water come in the room once there through leaky windows on a top floor during a bad rainstorm. (And I'm not talking about just a few drops)

LIH Prem and Toula like this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of the four hilton properties all closeby - this is where I stay at. The Embassy Suites across the road is always too filled with children for me :) The HGI on the other side is OK but nothing stellar. The actual Hilton farther down the road IMHO is not nearly as nice as the DT. DT has a weekly manager's reception and also a nice bar in the lobby. Shuttle to/from the airport is very good. Nice to be close to the bay also and nice views.