Doubletree Resort Key West

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by dmc730, Apr 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Just finished a quick trip to Key West and stayed at the Doubletree there.

I was recognized as Diamond upon arrival however there was not a room upgrade. As always cookies and water upon arrival. I was also given complimentary breakfast for 2 each day of the stay.

The rooms were standard and not much to discuss there. The property has a nice pool area which we used quite a bit with a nice bar area right there which was used quite a bit as well. Prices were not bad at the hotel, slightly higher than in town but burgers and sandwiches were $10-$11.
    The hotel is on the otherside of the island from Duval St and the downtown area, very close to the airport. There was a complimentary shuttle every hour from the hotel to two locations downtown which was very convenient. However they were strict on the number of passengers and one evening some folks didn't make the cut. I believe they made arrangements for them however.

One complaint was that housekeeping for our room was completed after 4pm each day. I know they were busy but when we were returning from the beach and shopping we had to leave to get the room done.

If I were to go to Key West again I would look at the Hyatt or Westin closer to town for convenience, but the Doubletree was a very nice option
    uggboy likes this.
  2. Busyg

Busyg Active Member

I haven't stayed at the Doubletree Key West - but I love The Reach or the Casa, which are Waldorf properties, so you can use HHonors points for rewards. They are next to each other down the quiet end of Duval street, but close enough to walk to all the happenings at Mallory Square and the bars on Duval Street. Great beach and pools and not as far as the Doubletree.
    uggboy likes this.