DoubleTree JFK now a Radisson

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by viguera, Oct 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    No idea when this happened but I'm sitting in the lobby right now so I know it's a done deal.

I was here last about two weeks ago and it was still branded Hilton, so it all happened fairly recently.

Nothing has changed other than logos and signage though. Or at least not yet.

Still the typical (read: terrible) airport hotel.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terrible is strong word, the conversion was done in a hurry. Thanks for reporting.

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah looks rushed. You can see the old signs under the Radisson ones.

https://db.tt/883t9FOy

I wonder if they will do a full remodel or just change things on the surface.

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure some might have received the email from Club Carlson about their "latest" New York hotel.

Either way, it looks like the Crowne Plaza next door, which has switched brands a few times and been basically mothballed for years, is now being renovated as well.

7. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Doubletree was no great hotel, although no JFK hotel was really good. But a new Hilton has opened (don't know if that's a new build or a remodel.) Maybe it was diverting most of the HHonors guests, so the Doubletree owner thought they could do better with a different loyalty program. Or maybe this was they don't have to give out breakfast any more....

viguera likes this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    That used to be a Holiday Inn up until very recently -- I think either late last year or earlier this year, and they supposedly remodeled it when it was converted.

9. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    It sounds like you have MY luck with Hilton properties.

Years ago, we booked the Hilton Kahala (O`ahu, HI) on points. Just before our stay, we were informed that they were no longer a Hilton property. OK, we still stayed, and did get to dine at their Miele Room, on its last night of operation.

Two years later, we were booked into the Hilton Turtle Bay Resort (North Shore, O`ahu, HI), but were informed that they were not longer a Hilton. OK, we still stayed there, and have returned many times since.

Then, we were booked into the Hilton Arc d'Triomphe (Paris), again on points, into the Charles De Gaulle Suite with twin balconies, a bottle of Bollinger RD Champagne and rose petals from the door, to the sunken hot-tub. Just before our visit, while still in London, we were informed that they were no longer a Hilton, but agreed to pay for that suite. Unfortunately, Hilton decided to cancel our "for money" reservation with the hotel. Luckily, there WAS a suite available, but a much lesser one, and no Champagne, or rose petals.

If you want to see a hotel change from Hilton, to something else, just book after I do.

BTW, two years ago, we stayed at that Doubletree. We were the first Diamond VIP patrons, by our treatment, and possibly their first guests, who were not "renting by the hour." Nice folk, who went out of their way, but let's just say that it was not something to remember, at least not in a really good way.

viguera likes this.