Doubletree Downtown Disney, Orlando Florida

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by IkeEsq, Dec 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    I spent four nights here December 7-11, 2011 while enjoying Walt Disney World with my wife and 3-yo son. The rate could not be beaten, $84/night Queen 1-BR Suite, Accessible. I originally had a King 1-BR Suite reserved for $108/night but switched two weeks before going when the prices dropped.

Checked in at 12:00, got cookies, breakfast certs., free Starbucks coffee certs. (plain coffee, not drinks, available in lobby), and put in a King 1-BR Suite as requested on my reservation, and free Wi-Fi. I have Gold Status. Room was ready and they got a driver to pick me up at the Hyatt, where I was dropping off the rental car.

My son was able to check-in at a special kid's check-in, where he got a balloon, slinky, sticker, and other stuff. He was quite pleased.

Located within longish walking distance of Downtown Disney, the hotel worked out pretty well in terms of getting around. Buses to the parks leave about every 30 minutes. Having sliding doors between the main part of the room and our bedroom made staying with a 3-yo a lot easier. He was quite happy on the fold-out couch.

The room had a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffeemaker.

Overall, an excellent stay. The price was $200+ less that Disney resorts, and $400 less than the Disney villas with kitchen. Definitely a good deal.

rwoman, uggboy and LETTERBOY like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    IkeEsq,

Thanks for posting details of this DT!

:)

uggboy likes this.