Review Doubletree | Denver (Quebec St)

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by TRAVELSIG, May 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a one night stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver which is located on Quebec Street across from a large shopping mall complex and just down the street from the Renaissance and a Holiday Inn.

Denver was fully booked for 2 conventions: Trial Lawyers + Medical Devices which personally I think they could have held together but I digress.

The hotel had a rate of $189 which sounds a bit high however when compared with a Courtyard for $299 and the Hyatt at $399 and the Four Seasons at $749 it was a relatively good deal. This is not a new hotel- it has been well maintained and I would estimate has had a fairly thorough makeover within the last 3-4 years. The high point here are the staff who are all excellent- really a great team. I don't know who the GM is but they deserve a very strong thumbs up.

The room itself was a good size although the bathroom was tiny- Manhattan or London tiny bathroom. Water pressure was savage- in a good way it almost ripped my skin off. The bar is great and seems very popular with airline personnel due to the large hub carrier that has its regional offices right across the street.

Parking is free as is Internet. Note the internet was quite slow- could use VOIP (Skype) however not video FYI. Passing a 10 MB file took about 3 minutes via VPN file transfer.

I think overall this hotel is very good value and has a great location being about 15 minutes drive from downtown and 25 minutes from DEN (or DIA as they like to call it). Across the street is a huge depressing shopping complex like you can find in most American cities- Walmart, Sam's Club, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc etc. The high point is the Sam's Club gas station which you can use to refuel your rental car- the least expensive fuel I have seen in CO.

Definitely a recommend if the price is right and you have a car. I saw a couple of Flyertalker tags on baggage. There is also a swimming pool if that is important to you.

uggboy likes this.