DoubleTree - Charlottesville, VA

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by rwoman, Dec 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I stayed here last week while on a work trip with a colleague...my thoughts:

Check in:
    We arrived around 7pm and all paperwork was in order. The friendly desk agent recognized my HH Silver status, gave each of us our room keys, and a cookie. "Catch" with the cookie - the first one they gave me was rock hard...they politely replaced it with a very soft, but cold one...they did offer another later if I was interested. :)

Room: The room was spacious - very similar to a DT I stayed at in Tampa last spring. There were plenty of outlets, temperature control, etc.

The linens and towels were good, there was a hair dryer that worked well, and the toiletries were Crabtree & Evelyn. The soap was bar soap, which I did not use.

Breakfast: Our rate included breakfast...I did have to go back to the desk to get the vouchers. There was a made-to-order egg bar, dairy, fruit, and hot items - great variety! :)

Internet: There is complimentary wifi that worked well throughout the property.

Gym/Pool: There is a small gym. Cardio: two treadmills, two elliptical machines, and an exercise bike. Weight Equipment: Bench, free weights, ball, etc. The pool is small, but functional for those who desire to use it.

My only complaint was that there were no towels in the gym/pool area at 5am when I worked out. I did let the desk staff know.

Shuttle: There is a shuttle, but we did not use it. The hotel did pick up other colleagues from downtown (several miles away) one night and they had good things to say about this service.

Other: There is a Wal Mart and Sam's Club right near the hotel. Numerous restaurants are in the area (mostly fast food) and it is a short drive to Target, Panera, Fashion Square Mall, and many other restaurants.

Pictures to follow!

:)

uggboy likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Front entrance:
    [​IMG]

Room:
    [​IMG]

Bath:
    [​IMG]

Second Sink and Bed:
    [​IMG]

travelpye and uggboy like this.
  3. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this. I am booking our hotels now for a driving vacation through this area in fall, and this is helpful.

uggboy likes this.