DoubleTree by Hilton Introduces Fifth Central London Hotel

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    DoubleTree by Hilton Introduces Fifth Central London Hotel:)

SOURCE: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...roduces-fifth-central-london-hotel-2012-03-05

RAPC and Kalboz like this.
  2. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are a bit late with the news - it re-flagged as a Doubletree a few weeks ago, not long after the former Mint hotels came over to be DTs. Victoria I think is a former Hesperia hotel, so could well be rather different in look and feel to the Mint properties. Currently in the DT Westminster as I type this, so I just need a Victoria stay to complete the new London set ;)

uggboy and (deleted member) like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your insights and when you have stayed at the Victoria property, please report back your experiences on MP!:)

RAPC likes this.
  4. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I certainly will. Should be there in the next week or two, at which point I'll do a comparison post alongside the two new Mint London properties, Westminster and Tower of London.

uggboy likes this.
  5. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I should be able to report back on all 3 new Doubletrees in London next week as I'll be staying at Victoria early next week. First interactions have been very good, as I was trying to book via Hilton.com today, but the rate was coming up as higher than through Hotels.com. Spoke directly to in-house reservations to see if they could match the rate, which the agent couldn't, but she did pass me on to a colleague.

Spoke in the end with the Revenue Manager who was wonderfully accomodating and sorted the 3 rooms out that I wanted to book at the correct price. She mentioned they had only just moved over to the Hilton family and had some teething problems with the system interfacing with Hilton. She couldn't have been more helpful or charming and with a bit of luck I'll get the chance to say thanks in person at check-out next week. No idea how good the actual hotel is, but if her customer service ethos is shared by other staff, then I'm sure they will be a great addition.

Proper feedback to follow next week.

uggboy likes this.