DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, CT

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The hotel itself is fine. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel was pretty quiet despite two weddings being held at the hotel. The top floor is an HHonors floor which requires an elevator code but otherwise doesn't seem remarkable.

Where the hotel fell down for us was its staff. A couple of the more notable events were:
    • At check-in, I was offered a cookie. As the front desk clerk in the process of handing it to me and even remarked it was the last one, the other desk clerk said he needed it and gave it to a person who came up to the desk after me. the clerk simply said, "He asked first." I can live without a cookie (and may even live longer) but I still found this to be incredibly rude.
    • Eating dinner in the restaurant, the waiter was gone for the dining room for 10-15 minute intervals several times so that our one-course meal took more the 90 minutes. Right before he gave us the check, he mentioned to us he was working alone. Since he was clearly working alone all night, I believe he should have mentioned this to us when we sat down so we could have made an informed decision about it we really wanted to wait an hour and half to get through sandwiches.
    Granted this was my only experience with this hotel, but based on it I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Norwalk.

uggboy and tomphot like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I live a couple of miles from this hotel and agree 100% on the restaurant (Saffire I think is called). I went there a few times to check them out and every time the service was terrible.

There's an Avis location in the lower level that is rude as hell too. I believe they have a Budget office there as well but I've never dealt with them.

I have actually never stayed there personally, but I've put people there that have come to visit and their opinion matches yours pretty much... comfortable but nothing to write home about. Rates vary wildly too... $180 this weekend and $75 next weekend. :)

uggboy and tomphot like this.
  3. tomphot

tomphot Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the HGI many times and can recommend that location, there a couple decent places to eat close by as well

uggboy likes this.