DoubleTree Breckenridge

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by SC Flier, Jul 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    DoubleTree by Hilton and Vail Resorts Announce the Planned Opening of the DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge for the 2011-12 Ski Season

BRECKENRIDGE, Colo., July 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/
    Hilton Worldwide and Vail Resorts, Inc. are pleased to announce the signing of a franchise license agreement for a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Breckenridge, Colo. Currently the Great Divide Lodge, the hotel conversion project will proudly open as the DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge in late 2011 following refurbishment and upgrades. It will be the first DoubleTree by Hilton mountain resort hotel located just steps away from the ski lifts in the United States and the 14th DoubleTree by Hilton property in Colorado.

http://www.breckresorts.com/greatdividelodge/

luv2travel, JetsettingEric and uggboy like this.
  2. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Woot!!! Thanks for sharing!

SC Flier likes this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    this made my day!!!!! Hopefully we can get hhonors properties in vail or beaver creek next.

4. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder what Category for point redemption it will fall under...any ideas?

5. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got back from enjoying a white Christmas at the Doubletree Breckenridge on an award stay. It's a category 6 so 40,000 points per night for standard rewards.

The pros: The location is fantastic - a half-block from Peak 9 lifts and an easy (well-bundled) walk to all of town. We were traveling with our dog and the hotel and staff were really welcoming of dogs. We were in a standard king room (no upgrade on the stay) which was large enough to be comfortable for 2 people and a medium-sized active dog. The lobby has 3 fireplaces and comfy seating for relaxing by the fire. The cold buffet (complimentary for HHonors Gold & Diamond) was plenty for breakfast with oatmeal, cereals, breads and pastries, yogurt, and fruit.

The cons: The staff were clearly overwhelmed with the holiday crowd. Check-in was chaotic and bellmen/staff/valets were running every which way. The breakfast buffet was in disarray every morning and the waitstaff in the restaurant sometimes never even made it to our table during breakfast (we self-served coffee and left the vouchers on the table). Of the 7 charges on our bill, 4 of them were incorrect charges and, when I stopped at the front desk to have the bill corrected, there were 2 other guests with the same issues. The hotel is comfortable but showing its age. Parking is valet-only and $25/night. (We parked at a nearby town parking lot for $5/night)

SC Flier and 8MiHi like this.
  6. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if parking's limited to valet because it's winter? I stayed there in June and parking was complimentary.

7. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, dunno. On the website it seems to imply valet parking year round:

Parking:
    Self parking: Not Available
    Valet: $25.00 (summer 15.00)