Doubletree Biltmore - Asheville NC

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by mrredskin, Feb 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just stayed the weekend w/ the 5k weekend bonus and Visa sig 4k bonus. Had the pay-for-upgrade option immediately after reservation a month in advance but obviously declined. Did not check in early.

Arrived and greeted warmly by front desk. Noted gold status and called my gf by her first name (2nd party on the res). For some reason, only the accessible K room was able to be booked with my rate instead of the standard K, so I brought this up. He said he did not have me in an accessible, and that we were in an upgraded K in the Vanderbilt "tower" with a balcony. This was done before arrival, as he pulled my folio and room cards from the desk. Elite upgrade as a gold working exactly how the program was designed to! Two warm oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, as well :)

Room was great. Very clean and modern (except no HD). Bathroom was very nice, as well. The only "issue" was water pressure. I noted this at check-out and the girl immediately initiated a work request to check it out.

The property itself is literally about 0.25 miles from the main Biltmore entrance. Very convenient. You could walk to the nice McD's or Rezaz at Biltmore Village. TGI Fridays is the hotel restaurant and you get 20% the bill if staying at the hotel. We didn't dine here.

Upgraded breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, french toast) was an extra $3 per person per day. Well worth it and directly across the elevator from our tower.

They did have my preferred airline partner incorrectly noted on the bill, though. Online it showed DL (2012 mile promo) but the bill showed US. Not sure why/how this occurred, but it was cleared up at the desk, as well. Just make sure you're getting credited correctly if using this double-dip option.

No sighting of Miles and Smiles!

2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, if you would have let me know you were coming, I would have arranged for the full red carpet treatment complete with a marching band. But, nooo you couldn't be bothered to let me know....... :p

But I must have intuitively known you were coming, because I ran away to play with the dolphins at Folly Beach. :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Had I shown up, they probably would have downgraded you to the parking lot with a cot. :rolleyes:

uggboy, mrredskin and autolycus like this.
  3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    see, i knew you would be out of town, so i didn't want to ruin your weekend by knowing i would be in your town while you weren't.

btw, they did ask for the ID related to my rate, and I actually did remember to bring it with me. it was in the car at check-in, however, but I was told just to bring it to him whenever I wanted.

uggboy and miles and smiles like this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    You must be quite a psychic because even I didn't know I would be out of town until Friday. :D

Did they ask for your Tennessee Tech booster card? :D

uggboy likes this.
  5. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    no, but it is carried at all times (despite not having been there anytime too recently) for the possibility of collegiate discounts. fortunately (or unfortunately) i still look very similar to my picture on it! my gf actually is in college, tho, and never carries hers, so it equals out.

miles and smiles and uggboy like this.