Review Doubletree Bangkok Sukhumvit

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by sembach, May 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    Used C&P for a four night stay. Very good overall experience. As a Gold, was given a choice of either breafast or points, and I took the breakfast. I was not upgraded to a suite.

Check-in/Out: Smooth and quick with a pleasant staff

Gym: nice size and equipment for a small hotel. Well maintained.

Pool: large enough for laps, plenty of lounge chairs and towels. Not crowded. Water quality seemed very good and the staff cleaned each morning.

Room: relatively small, but very clean and well maintained. All the fixtures appear to be new.

Breakfast: nice variety of hot and cold dishes. Noise level pretty good. Did encounter a Chinese tour group on one morning who were loud and pushy, but they did not dwell and I was able to secure a table away from them.

Executive Lounge: None. But Gold and Diamonds get free drinks from 1800 to 200 around the pool/outside bar area on the seventh floor. Staff was quick on the drink re-fills.

Surrounding area: Directly behind the Hilton (share a common garden courtyard). Easy couple of minutes walk to a major mall and BTS station. 7-11 and massage shops close by. Easy to grab a taxi.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review and info, very appreciated.

Regarding the free drinks for Golds and Diamonds between 18:00 - 20:00, which drinks are included?

Thanks a lot.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    Drinks included red and white wine, beer, simple cocktails, soft drinks and I think coffee or tea. They provided a few chips, but no finger foods. You could order off the menu. I thought it was rather nice at sunset around the pool with a breeze.

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's indeed very nice. Thanks for the info. Cheers.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed here a few times and never was offered a choice. How many points would they give in lieu of breakfast? There is a really good local soup resto just to the north of the hotel......

6. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    Can't remember the exact amount, couple of thousand? Was so low I did not even consider it.

7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that breakfast especially over a four night stay period is more valuable than a few thousands points with Hilton.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, very true. However the guay tiao place with a side dish of na pla taut (AKA deep fried fish skin) is worth a few meals over those four days.

Kalboz likes this.