Double/Triple points fall/winter promo

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Aug 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    WilliamQ, ella, NYCUA1K and 2 others like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, HMWT!

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wunderbar! With multiple long stays already booked to the end of the year this is an incredibly generous offer by HHonors. Thanks for bringing the good news!

WilliamQ, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTW, rather going through TOBB. Here is the direct link to the HHonors sign up portal. Click on the image below...

upload_2015-8-18_16-43-35.png

*The offer (“Triple Your Trip”) is valid for eligible stays completed between 1 September and 31 December, 2015 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort in the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton HHonors members must first register at HHonors.com/Triple prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will receive the bonus only for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. For the Triple Your Trip promotion, the Bonus Points you earn per night are calculated based on the average nightly folio of your total stay (average nightly folio is calculated by taking the total net folio of your stay divided by the total number of nights of the stay). Triple Your Trip Double Points are awarded for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in your stay. For a detailed explanation of how points are issued for Triple Your Trip, please see Frequently Asked Questions. “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to double the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    WilliamQ and uggboy like this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    We've heard the constant gushing about how Hyatt (or SPG) is the most generous loyalty program in the business, but even before this year, that was always a dubious claim. But for this year so far, HHonors' offers have eclipsed anything that any other program has had to offer...by far!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note that continuing a recent trend, not a single property opted out!

WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wait a minute! This is a real bononza because in addition to the advertized "global" offer for double/triple bonus points, there is also a targeted offer after one registers!!! Make sure that you read the graphic that shows up after you register. I'd initially ignored it thinking that it was simply telling me that I had registered! Here are the T&C for the targeted offer:

†This offer is valid for select Hilton HHonors members who receive this offer after registering for the (“Triple Your Trip”) promotion. It cannot be combined with other offers and is not transferable. The offer is valid for eligible stays completed between 1 September and 31 December, 2015 ("Promotion Period") at any hotel in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Select HHonors members will receive 5,000 Bonus Points after the completion of their fifth stay within the Promotion Period. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account.

Here is mine. I get 5,000 additional points after my 5th stay! What did you get?

HH-BONANZA.png

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Q.E.D about how incredibly generous HHonors offers/promos have been this year!

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Or... You could just click on the links in my OP. No visit to Flyertalk required if that bothers you. :rolleyes:

10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No harm done. I clicked on the first link in the OP and it took me to FT, so I just thought I would spare the others the same, but glad that there is also a link to the actual HH site in the OP. So the real :rolleyes: is the notion that such publicly available info can be "stolen"...

11. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    All much appreciated - it's good to avoid FT! :p But why is every note-worthy sale or news item first posted to FT, and then often belatedly to MP? :(

Dark.jpg

WilliamQ and NYCUA1K like this.
  12. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link ! Since I have a boatload of ressies for the last quarter of the year this is a very good thing !!

13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because it is biggest, loudest and most influential site in the universe!

I just checked out the Loyalty Lobby, which is a "non-partisan" blog that posts offers from virtually any loyalty program out there and is usually the first to publicize HHonors offers. The site still had not posted this offer as of 20 minutes ago... So, as usual, FT was way ahead!

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The "belated" part doesn't bother me too much. Most things that I care about aren't that time critical (i.e., I don't usually care about mistake sales).

Things like this promo either make it over here through posts like mine or I find out about it from the loyalty program itself. Whether today, tomorrow or the day after... it makes little difference. I don't book enough travel that knowing a day earlier would make a huge difference (besides... I am no longer allergic to FT, so I DO use it).

It's other more subtle and yet valuable information that never appears here. For example, the other day I learned in the FT AS forum that there is now a lounge available to Priority Pass members in the "A" Int'l terminal of SFO (link). As an AS flyer and Amex Plat card holder this is quite useful given that AS no longer has its own lounge. Don't think that's come up here, at least not as a dedicated thread (perhaps it's in one of the chat threads that I don't pay attention to).

15. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    My special offer:

In addition to earning Double Points Monday-Thursday nights and Triple Points Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights*, you're eligible to receive 4,000 Bonus Points on your 4th stay during the Triple Your Trip Promotion.†
    Now just book direct through Hilton and complete your stay at ANY hotel in the Hilton Portfolio from September 1st-December 31st, 2015 to earn your Bonus Points!

16. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am curious. Had you already booked 4 stays during the promo period before you were targeted with this offer? Just curious to see if the targeting is based on the number of stays that members had already booked...

WilliamQ and icurhere2 like this.
  17. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    My offer is 2k points on my first stay. Since I'll be at a DT and I take points for my Gold benefit, that'll be 3k points + triple for the Saturday stay.

I have a decent amount of business I can steer Hilton's way this fall. It's all going to be over weekends...

18. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In addition to earning Double Points Monday-Thursday nights and Triple Points Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights*, as a new Hilton HHonors member you’re eligible to receive 2,000 additional Bonus Points on your 1st stay during the Triple Your Trip promotion.†

new member?!

WilliamQ likes this.
  19. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have 4k on the 4th stay, Diamond with no stays booked in the quarter (as of yet).

20. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wife, 2000 extra points on 1st stay
    Mine, 4000 extra points on 4th stay (guess I stayed too much recently)

21. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no apparent pattern so far.

I have seen here and elsewhere:

Diamond with no stays booked - 4k after 4th stay
    Diamond with 8 stays booked - 5k after 5th stay [me]
    Diamond for 4 years - 2k after 1st stay
    Gold - 4k after 4th stay
    Gold - 2k after 1st stay
    New Member? - 2k after 1st stay

I got the highest number of bonus points (5k) that I have seen offered, but also after the most number of completed stays (5). Here is my situation:
    • Long-time HH Diamond
    • Just depleted nearly 700K HH points down to just over 10K points booking reward stays for my annual Year-end Asian Escapade(tm), which I will unveil in the near future. So, that's a lot of activity, which Hilton seems to reward well.
    • As you can see in the chart below, I had already booked 5 revenue stays and 3 award stays that will occur during the promo period, before this offer came out [explaining why I was so giddy], again, lot of activity which Hilton seems to reward well.

HH-RES.png

My sense is that elite status level has nothing to do with. The primary determinant may be the level activity in the account so far this year. I have been very busy booking and redeeming, which HHonors seems to reward well and I got the highest reward...but that is the whole point of loyalty programs, ain't it? Encourage spending and reward those who do? ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    WilliamQ and flyforawg like this.
  22. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    What may allow us to determine a pattern would be for folks to provide in addition to their specific targeted offer, their elite level and their qualitative level of HH activity so far this year (none, low, moderate, high)...

WilliamQ likes this.
  23. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Silver who needs one more stay back to gold and I got the 4K 4th stay.
    You’re registered.
    Now, we have a SURPRISE in store for you.

In addition to earning Double Points Monday-Thursday nights and Triple Points Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights*, you're eligible to receive 4,000 Bonus Points on your 4th stay during the Triple Your Trip Promotion.†

Newscience, WilliamQ and NYCUA1K like this.
  24. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Summary:
    7 paid single night stays
    1 two night award stay

Novel (for the patient readers):
    My patterns are really odd. Former HH Diamond for years. Stopped traveling. Started again with HH properties. Had some problems with HGI and 2Tree where I was staying which weren't resolved, so I voted with my back and moved over to Marriott. Dropped to Gold and retained gold through this year's targeted offer to retain status. Did the minimum stay of a four night in a row mattress hop to four Hilton properties to keep Gold again through next year in addition to my Marriott platinum status.

Since my four nights requalification, I went back to Marriott and have again requalified for platinum + 8 nights. During that time, various travels made it more convenient to do Hilton stays, so I have had two award night stays at one property and three single night stays at three other properties. So, that's seven paid nights this year and two award nights.

Travel patterns are again changing, so the decision is to now measure the Hilton bonus offer in a new area with new set of hotels against doubling down on the Marriott stays and go for super elite. Have to measure the Hilton offer against this fall/winter megabonus and see what looks more appealing. Also have to see if I will have enough nights to hit both hard and retain Plantinum/Gold or possibly hit Platinum/Diamond. I do like punishing bad behavior by directing my corporate spend as a cudgel, but also learned from mom to never cut off my nose to spite my face. Should be an interesting remainder of 2015.

Newscience, WilliamQ and NYCUA1K like this.
  25. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    For me so far, it's been 8 stays totaling 27 nights and 84K base points. The rest of the stays I have booked for the year will get me to 120K base points to requalify me for HH Diamond (I'll have 57 nights -- the most ever for me -- or be just 3 nights shy of also requalifying based on the number of nights). I will be at 13 stays when I make Diamond, which will be 6 more than last year, since I made Diamond with just 7 stays. The ability to make elite based on spend (base points), number of nights and/or number of stays is one aspect of the HH program that I really like because it is compatible with my overall travel pattern.

Newscience, WilliamQ and flyforawg like this.