Double Points on AMTRAK through May 5th and Triple Points May 6th-12th

Discussion in 'Amtrak | Guest Rewards' started by LAXjunkie415, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAXjunkie415

LAXjunkie415 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Speed up your springtime earning.

Register for the Amtrak Guest Rewards® Spring Line promotion and travel Amtrak® now through May 12, 2012. When you do, you’ll earn double points on all Amtrak travel, through May 5, 2012. You’ll also earn a 500-point bonus after 5 qualifying trips. And earn triple points May 6 – 12, 2012, in celebration of National Train Day.

To earn even more, watch for bonus offers from partners like Hertz, Teleflora, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts and more.

[​IMG]

Terms and Conditions:
    Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from 3/14/2012 12:00:00am CT through 5/5/2012 11:59:59pm CT and earn triple points on qualifying Amtrak travel from 5/6/2012 12:00:00am CT through 5/12/2012 11:59:59pm CT. Take five qualifying trips on Amtrak between 3/14/2012 12:00:00am CT and 5/12/2012 11:59:59pm CT and earn 500 bonus points. Qualifying trips for the Take 5 bonus points are one-way direct segments, with a minimum spend of $35. For travel that includes connections to additional Amtrak trains or buses, each segment of the trip which costs a minimum of $35 will qualify for the Take 5 bonus award. Take 5 bonus points will be awarded within 4 weeks following your fifth qualifying trip. Travel with a monthly pass or using multi-ride tickets does not qualify for the Take 5 bonus promotion. Only one Take 5 bonus may be earned per member. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer to participate. Register online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/SpringLine . Once registered, all qualifying travel during the promotion period will be eligible to earn bonus points and count toward the Take 5 bonus award. Members must include their membership number when making reservations. Cancelled or refunded reservations/tickets will be deemed ineligible. Limit of two qualifying one-way trips per day. Other terms and conditions apply.

CharlesG and Skypath like this.
  2. Skypath

Skypath Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing! :)

CharlesG likes this.
  3. LAXjunkie415

LAXjunkie415 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anytime, hopefully you rack up tons of points through this promo :)

CharlesG likes this.
  4. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, thanks for sharing! This will come in handy!

5. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lately I've been paying attention to my e mails. It seems that Amtrak releases these promos often, and close to the date of travel. I may be training it NYC/BAL in June. Should I hold on in purchasing my ticket? If I do buy the ticket, Does Amtrak make adjustments, or am I SOL?

SC Flier likes this.
  6. calwatch
    Original Member

calwatch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I doubt they will have the promo then, but remember on Amtrak you can cancel with no penalty and use the funds on another ticket. So buy the ticket now, and then cancel and rebook if it is cheaper.

dhammer53 likes this.
  7. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haha. I couldn't find the time for 5 trips:( ; but I was able to work in one trip on triple Tuesday, to hit my yearly spend on the credit card. The bill posted to the credit card the next day. Let's see how long it will take for anything to post to my AGR account. ;)

8. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    As Emily Litella might say, "Never mind.".
    I couldn't figure why my points didn't post; even filled out the online request form for missing points. Nothing.
    Read the site carefully and got a clue. The ticket had a letter missing from my name. (Still spelled good enough to get the ticket charged to my credit card.) CS was able to fix me up as soon as I called.:)
    I guess all is well that ends wll.;)