Double Miles vs. Double Elite Qualifying Miles - Question

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by dotgirl, Apr 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dotgirl

dotgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is an embarrassingly dumb question, but I'm unable to find an answer on the AS website or via searching these forums.

Looking at routes which currently qualify for Double Miles, the fine print reads, "Double Miles will not count towards Mileage Plan™ Elite Status." Now this makes sense, if I parse it as, "The base miles will count toward EQM but the double miles will not."

That is to say, if I fly a qualifying route that is 1k miles, RT, I will receive 2k RDM, but only 1k of those miles will be EQM.

I'm 99% sure I'm parsing it correctly, but wanted to validate before I book some travel.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    My interpretation is that under this promotion, if a qualifying trip's actual travelled distance is 1,000 miles, you will get 2,000 redeemable miles and 1,000 status miles.

dotgirl likes this.
  3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. dotgirl

dotgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, William! I figured that was the correct interpretation, but wanted someone a bit smarter than me to validate me.

5. IceTrojan

IceTrojan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, poorly worded. Sounds like the author took "Double Miles" to be the name of the promo, the additional miles earn thereinof, and not the general meaning of "double miles." How's that for overanalyzing things? :)