Double Miles This Summer To Budapest

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Jun 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Earn double flown miles on nonstop flights between
    New York (JFK) and Budapest.

Dear Mr. Gargoyle ,

Enjoy a sensational summer filled with Old World charm and double miles when you fly nonstop between
    New York (JFK) and Budapest (BUD). Register by September 1, 2011, then fly between June 15 and September 15, 2011, on Delta nonstop flights between New York (JFK) and Budapest.
    Enjoy the convenience of nonstop flights between the United States and Hungary.

Get packing today and enjoy your summer vacation in central Europe's "Little Paris."

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle likes this.
  3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got it, too, despite having a UK address in my account. Interestingly, I need to go to Budapest this summer. However, I think it will be faster/easier/cheaper to just fly there from LHR than to fly to JFK first ;) (That trip was supposed to be my first OK flight, since it would be LHR-CDG on AF and CDG-PRG on OK, train to BUD after a few days in the Czech Republic and maybe Austria, then back to LHR on AF via CDG. However, OK and AF stopped code-sharing, so AF all the way. Would have been more convenient, but fewer miles, if OK still flew to the UK and I could have done LON-PRG.)

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    price it out before you reject it; LHR-JFK-BUD (or even cheaper, MAN-JFK..., or MAN-BOS-JFK...) could make for a great mileage run.

Kalboz and MSPeconomist like this.
  5. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I didn't already have the AF ticket booked, I would have given it a look. However, I doubt that it could be cheap enough to make it a good deal compared with the ~$250 I gave AF.

MSPeconomist and Gargoyle like this.
  6. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Who's headed to Budapest?

Grace and Gargoyle like this.
  7. I booked a non-stop Delta flight from Budapest to JFK in August before I saw this promotion. Will I still qualify for the double miles?

Gargoyle, rwoman and mtkeller like this.
  8. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

T&C only say you need to register before flying, not buying, so you should be fine. Just remember to register!

Gargoyle likes this.