Double Miles on American

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by whiskersdnr, Apr 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. whiskersdnr

whiskersdnr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received an offer this week that sounds okay. I'm not sure I'm understanding it, though. The e-mail says "fly nonstop to Madrid or through select cities." Does nonstop mean 1 flight booked even though I may be changing planes? I got even more confused since the offer on their web page drops the "or through" bit from it. I could get a direct flight from Chicago, but would prefer that to be my connecting city. I'm feeling really dumb but would love advice! (couldn't locate a phone # that would be helpful on aa.com)

Earn double AAdvantage® miles on American Airlines or Iberia. Fly nonstop to Madrid from or through these select cities:
    • Chicago (ORD)
    • Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
    • New York (JFK)
    Rack up those miles and explore the charm of Madrid.
    • Register prior to travel using promotion code MAD2X
    • Travel between April 5, 2012, and May 31, 2012

jmjgp12, jbcarioca and perryplatypus like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:

Your itinerary just needs to include a flight to MAD from one of the three listed cities, so you can originate or connect as long as you are on the flights to MAD. So as long as your flight to Madrid departs from ORD, DFW, or JFK, you should get the bonus miles. In other words: do not book through MIA. :)

Also, from my reading if you are connecting you should expect to get double miles ONLY for the flights to and from MAD.

Welcome to MP!

3. whiskersdnr

whiskersdnr Silver Member

Status Points:

Great, that was my read. I'm okay with double miles for just part...it is the longer part. Appreciate the help! (My first post, but I've been reading for a while)

wrxmom, jmjgp12 and jbcarioca like this.
  4. jmjgp12

jmjgp12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

wrxmom likes this.
  5. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome whiskersdnr :)