Double Dipping

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jpruzins, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

I always debate what the best option is.
    Any thoughts?

Choose your Double Dip® Earnings Style from three rewarding options! Select a Double Dip Earnings Style that matches the way you travel and maximize your earnings. Choose any of the following options:
    • HHonors Points and Variable Miles
      Earn 10 HHonors Base points + 1 airline mile per eligible U.S. dollar spent* (except 5 HHonors Base Points and up to 100 miles per stay at Home2 Suites by Hilton)
    • HHonors Points and Fixed Miles
      Earn 10 HHonors Base points per eligible U.S. dollar spent + 500 miles per stay (100 miles per stay at Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites and Homewood Suites by Hilton.*) (not a valid earning option with Home2 Suites by Hilton)
    • HHonors Points and HHonors Points
      Earn 10 HHonors Base points + 5 bonus points per eligible U.S. dollar spent (except 5 HHonors Base Points +2.5 Bonus Points at Home2 Suites by Hilton)
  2. I depends on your needs and the length of your stay.

Right now I prefer Points and Fixed Miles, because it gets me 1.000 miles per night for bmi Diamond Club (3.000 miles maximum per stay). If you have longer stays the Points and Points option is more preferable (at least for me)
  3. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

I prefer Points + Points, I always feel like I have enough miles for tickets and I get them from other sources (credit card spending and bonuses), however those hotel points are a bit tought to get so I enjoy the double dip with Hilton. Of course, this is all matter of opinion, lots people like miles as they have a job that pays for the hotel and they are loaded up on hotel points.

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

As always everyone's own situation will dictate a better fit, I generally prefer HH points & Fixed miles, the miles usually get dumped into my secondary or tertiary airline program to keep it alive.
    travelingmore likes this.