Dormant e-GUVs

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Saracen, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I left the UK over a year ago, never having used the e-GUVs I had then, nor the new set in my account. Does anyone know whether the old ones would have been carried forward? Is there anything I can do with them if I'm not flying BD in the foreseeable future? The old paper ones could be passed on.

2. Unfortunately not - the purpose of the eGUVs was to circumvent the massive trade in paper vouchers that was costing bmi serious revenue loss - and distortion of their statistics.

Your eGUVs are yours alone - and can only be used on you - and one companion travelling with you. They also do expire at the end of your year - 4 of mine went to their grave last year. I checked.

3. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there any hope we might get to use these for LH/LX flights some time soon ;)

4. I'm speculating that that will depend on which country you live in. ;)

5. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd better “relocate”, then!

6. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    More to the point, how do you think address will affect migration to M&M? Assuming it's either UK or outside the BD network?

7. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I personally think they'll start by moving all those with addresses outside the BD network, then move everyone who doesn't have a UK address and finally us in the UK will go.

This is assume LH IT get to drive the timeline, if it's BD IT then who knows... they might even make the decision to just migrate everyone in one massive swoop [​IMG]

Traveloguy likes this.
  8. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't worry about any migration any time soon with it being off the cards for 2011. I suspect that information will start to leak out down the line if and when migration may be on the agenda.

As for the original question on eGUVs, GoldCircle is correct. Like him, my 4 eGUVs also bit the dust at the end of my year. The old paper system was much more reliable for getting an upgrade, rather than hoping that the planets and stars are in alignment so that revenue management release redemption seats to book in to.

Traveloguy likes this.
  9. FlyingOnceMore
    Original Member

FlyingOnceMore Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's worse than that......

On some routes, redemption seats that are available in the days prior magically disappear at T-7! Of course if the business cabin is showing as being far from SOLD OUT at T-1, the simple solution of making some seats available so they can be claimed via OLCI, or even just at the airport so check-in / lounge agents can easily process them has, thus far, escaped bmi.

Traveloguy and RAPC like this.
  10. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm so excited, I just managed to use 2 eGUVs.. both my outbound and return flight upgraded...

I did get told by the agent first that I had to be booked in Y or B to be able to upgrade (after being put on hold for her to check, she did confirm this wasn't the case for the eGUVs)..

Still how exciting to have finally managed to use the new eGUVs... I'm actually on a BD operated flight and have been successful in using my eGUVs... what's the world coming to? :p

11. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I truly wish this will be the case, but with DC still alive[​IMG]
    Sunday will be the beginning of my bmi year and consequently my e-GUV's to expire.
    I have a nice wishful thinking the soon to be DC upgrade chart on *A will allow the e-GUV's to be used on LH/LX/OS (should I dare to say SQ and others) as if they were M&M e-vouchers.

GBM