Don't Forget to recheck your reservations a few days before actual date!

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by edekba, Apr 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    So my habit is to book flight, then hotel & then car as far in advance as possible. Sometimes I forgot to check a week/ or less before my actual trip but today I did.

But I implore you to check ... the savings might be worth it :)

My SFO rental was $98 now its $58 (Same UA Codes [1000 bonus miles + free wknd])
    Next Week's IAD was $240 now its $200.

2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Agreed - I do the same thing - then check back 2 weeks and a week before - when they release the Last Minute Specials - of course this assumes that your rentals are weekends.

uggboy and edekba like this.
  3. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good advice, edekba.

uggboy likes this.
  4. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great advice! :)

I have found many hotel last minute offers offer room rates lower than what I first booked. Its also good to review your flight itinerary as things do change from time of booking to day of flight.

uggboy likes this.
  5. SGJazz

SGJazz Silver Member

Status Points:
    My most recent rental relates to this topic. One month out I reserved a car at JFK for a week for $575. I rebooked as the price dropped several times, final price was $190. Historically just about every National rental has dropped for me within a few days. I've gotten into the habit of checking my rental daily and rebooking.