Done for the year... Status Rollcall

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, as of today I am officially done with elite status chasing for 2011. I reached 25 Hyatt stays recently and renewed Diamond, I achieved Gold status with Hilton Honors for 2012 through some 4-stay promotion a few months ago, and this past weekend a re-route/re-book into Full Y ensured that I achieved 1K-ness a month head of schedule on United. My wife reached 1P status again on this trip as well and is too far away from 75k miles to consider that. (*)

Looking at our bulging account balances, next year is shaping up to be a "burn" year, even if it means saying good-bye to some status levels. Barring any unforseen major promos, I'll probably aim for

- Platinum (75k) status with UA
    - Platinum status with Hyatt
    - Gold status with Hilton (possibly via Surpass credit card upgrade)

What are your goals for next year and are you achieving this year's targets?

(*) I also have Platinum with Priority Club and Hertz 5* Gold, but don't really consider them terribly useful. Oh, and Accor Platinum, I guess. ;)

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be 1P by sunday when back from HKG. My BD *G will die in April. Next yr I would love to find 1k.

I've exceeded this years targets. At the beginning of the year I was thinking just to renew BD *G, but with all the unexpected UA travel + nice bonus eqm from SMD3, 1P was fairly easy to come by.

3. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    This year I'll reach Frequent Traveler on LH, with SEN next year and an EQM estimate of between 150-200k miles. Hopefully also reviving my QPPS status along with that.

Travel has been quite erratic.. I was mid-way going to get requalified SQ Silver, when I pulled in with M&M program. Will have to let go OW silver, but hopefully will be able to revive it and even go to Emerald in 2013 with their unrestricted AONE Fare.

Got my first Hyatt Plat ever, possibly will just maintain it and not looking at diamond. An unexpected A-club Plat thanks to MP, and there's nothing much more than that..

2011 is has been an interesting year indeed..

uggboy, rwoman, cennas and 1 other person like this.
  4. SEABrad

SEABrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reached 1K with UA in Oct., Plat with Hyatt via Pres+ card and Hilton Gold from 4-stay Visa promo, also nearly worthless SPG Gold.

Next year will probably just aim to retain 1K, Hilton Gold and possibly dabble in some Alaskan or AA flights.

uggboy, rwoman, cennas and 2 others like this.
  5. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this is the first thread of this nature that I have seen this year. For me, it is all about the bucket list; and this was not a good year for me.
    With the economy the way it was, adding to the extreme pressure at work,and some pop up family issues; this was the first year I have not accomplished even one thing on my bucket list.:(
    I did make gold for the first time with Hilton and enjoyed that.
    But the only thing that had any true value to me was attaining Executive status at National Car Rental.
    I'm basically out of the game for the next three months, other than some housekeeping activities. I'm not much inclined to travel during winter, anyway.
    I'll take another stab at the bucket list when "spring break" rolls around.
    Happy Holidays, and have a safe winter.:)

Junca, uggboy, General_Flyer and 3 others like this.
  6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I still have 3 stays to be done to renew my Hyatt Diamond. I should have been an A3 *S by now but my 2 TG flights last week didn't post properly, still waiting on those to be credited but will probably make *S after my LH flight next week.

Next year my main goal is to make A3 *G before my BD *G dies end of March. Second priority is to renew Hyatt Diamond. Also will need to burn all those BD miles and some expiring SQ miles.

7. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm almost done for the year.
    Done: UA 1P/CO Plat (at about 80k EQM with only 3-4k more booked) and Hilton Gold (Signature Visa promo).
    Need 2 more stays to retain Marriott Gold. Have one booked in FL next week, trying to get another 1-2 more booked.

Goal for 2012-2013: Retain UA Plat; retain Marriott Gold, and maybe Hilton Silver (or bottom tier in some other hotel program)

uggboy, General_Flyer and rwoman like this.
  8. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
    AS MVPG secured for next year. Don't think I even earned any miles anywhere else. Will just miss out on Marriott Gold, but that isn't a big deal to me.
    Not status related but I did add 7 new airlines and 13 new airports, and 6 new countries to the "flown that, been there, done that" list.

Junca, uggboy, General_Flyer and 2 others like this.
  9. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    Made 1K on UA in September
    ~25K short for Executive Plat on AA, not going to go after it this year, will drop down to Plat in Feb'12
    Losing Gold on Delta in Feb'12
    Losing Ascent on F9 in Feb'12
    Plat on Marriott with ~ 250 Rollover Nights left (so don't have to worry about it for a couple of years)
    Plat on SPG, will probably try and renew it next year
    Contemplating pursuing Hyatt status for next year

10. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    I maintained PC Platinum for another year, and will reach UA Gold on the way to Christmas dinner with the family. My wife reached UA Platinum this year, so we are happy with the year's results.

11. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I started 2011 as a 2P on UA:
    • Made 1P on UA in March
    • Made Plat on CO in May (thanks to linking my UA account with CO)
    • Made 1K in August on UA
    Hyatt Plat - not going to go for Diamond, don't think I can do all the stays. :) Retained Hilton Gold which is enough for me. :) Next year will be more focused on hotels.

12. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    my jury's out on whether I'll pursue hotel status, if there are some worthwhile promos I'll partake but likely go back to being a PL master & burning my exisiting hotel points.
    agreed, while I have status in a number of airline & hotel programs, the perks/service I've received with my Exec Elite status at National Car Rental have been the highlight. I really feel I'm getting my money's worth by being loyal to them, not so much with the airline/hotel programs.

I might have a different outlook if my points/miles were subsidized by business travel. Makes a big difference.

13. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just want to rack up hotel points to burn in 2013 on a trip I am starting to plan. :)

14. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I started 2011 as a DL DM, Priority Club Gold, and HHonors Silver.

As of right now...
    - Requal'ed for DM in October and will have around 40k rollover
    - Made PC Platinum in June
    - Have retained HH Silver

I'll requal for AA Plat this month so long as weather does not disrupt travel.

:)

uggboy, General_Flyer and cennas like this.
  15. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    I already requalified for AC Super Elite (*A Gold). I will likely earn the remaining status miles to requalify for CX's Marco Polo Diamond (OW Emerald) either in February or March as my membership year ends at the end of March.

Hectic work-related travel schedule the primary cause for keeping my top-tiers alive!

16. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not miss those days. ;)

uggboy, General_Flyer, rwoman and 2 others like this.
  17. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    Requalified for 1K yesterday, and for SPG Platinum back in July.

4 stays left for Hyatt Diamond re-qualification and am wondering whether it is worth mattress running to achieve that level. Stays are a combination of leisure and discretionary work travel.

Thanks to US Airways Grand Slam, am Hertz elite many times over :D

uggboy, General_Flyer, rwoman and 2 others like this.
  18. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Requalified for Hhonors Diamond and Air Canada super elite over a month ago. All quiet now on the traveling front. Already have 1million status miles with AC.

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

19. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    No status this year :(. However, next year is looking good.

20. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    CO silver done
    AA gold done
    Hilton gold requal-3 nights left and not sure if it's even worth it. (dropping $300 or so for free breakfast at HGI's next year not sure its worth it. I don't stay at the high end props anyway so upgrades are not even an issue. Probably just use whoever is cheapest and save the cash for a couple more flights to help with higher elite status)

21. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL Plat - Projected 99,999 MQMs once I complete booked travel.
    A3 Blue
    SPG Plat
    HH Diamond
    Hyatt Plat
    Marriott Silver
    National Exec Elite
    Hertz Pres Circle (matched)

22. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! you requalified for Diamond in Oct with 40K rollover?! Incredible, you obviously spend more time in air than on ground:)

23. Take.me.away

Take.me.away Active Member

Status Points:
    I renewed Exec Plat on AA 2 weeks ago. Hit my Marriott Platinum months ago and have to check but think I still have Exec Select already set up for next year. I get to book my own travel, and am a creature of habit...so I fly the same flights and stay the same places :)

24. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm 536 MQMs from Platinum requal on DL. Going to office Xmas party in England next wk so I will have those few MQMs during take off and a nice lil rollover by the time we fly back a week later.

I'm 3 stays from Hyatt Diamond re-qual (I'm a fool in love over Hyatt Diamond) so I will knock those 3 stays out before end of mth.

I'm Hilton Gold currently and may not requal next year...Don't care really since I'm a Hyatt loyalist.

Requal for Hertz 5 star (28 rentals).

25. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not too hard with 1-2 TATLs most months. I expected to be really close to 125k this year, but a cheap trip to DXB, two unexpected trips to the US and, a transcon within the US pushed it to that point.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.