Donating Vouchers

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by EyeOnTheSkies, Nov 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I have some extra bump vouchers kicking around, and in the spirit of the holidays wanted to donate some, can that be done, does anyone have suggestions of charities that could put it to good use and has anyone done this?

IDGflygirl, demkr, al613 and 3 others like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How charitable of you, as you know you can transfer the Vouchers to anyone of your designation... UA has been more strict lately so if you donate something... type out a letter that you are transferring the voucher to that organization and photocopy your Driver's License of ID on it and sign the letter as well... This will make things easier for you and whoever the lucky recipient is.

I would recommend some such as Deaf Youth USA but they aren't an IRS NPO yet with 501(c)3 status if you're looking for a tax write off...

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't recommend most local or community organizations, since they don't fly much. Perhaps those organizations that do international fieldwork - Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam, etc.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking of either something dealing with international travel for the charity's purposes or if there was a charity that might distribute them to veterans visiting family, families who might have children in the hospital for long term treatment, in the hopes of making a trip possible when it couldn't otherwise be afforded. Like I said, though, I'm more than open to suggestions.

5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about Continental free drink vouchers? I don't drink, but I have a few. Is there a Drunk Doctors Without Borders? LOL - I'm not at home, so I don't know if they have an expiration date, but I'd gladly give them to someone who would use them.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe they expire January 2012 if you received them this year... I'd like to establish an NGO called Drunk Frequent Fliers without Inhibitions :p.

7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Make a wish foundation?

2wheels and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was going to suggest this too

9. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Different airline, but on topic... I don't know why, but every time I see that big AA on the tail of one currently troubled company, I think, "Alcoholic Airlines."