Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

While I'd argue some uses of miles are better than others, I'm generally pretty libertarian when it comes to redeeming miles. Redeem them however makes you happy, in my opinion. What matters is that you feel like you got a decent value. The good news is that for the most part I don't have to observe others redeeming their miles poorly. If you redeem 50,000 American AAdvantage miles for a domestic economy ticket which would have cost $200, I'd of course be sad if I knew about it. But the good news is that I probably won't -- you'll book the ticket in the comfort of your home, and probably won't talk about how much you spent on the plane. But then sometimes you're sort of forced to witness really bad uses of miles. I was at the Admirals Club in Phoenix this morning, and as I was at the front desk, the lady being helped at the counter next to me found out that her Admirals Club membership had expired. The post DON’T SPEND YOUR MILES THAT WAY!!! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...