Domestic J meals?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tomh009, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I'm thinking of using my final-ever SSWU for a YYZ-SFO (as opposed to the SFO-YYZ redeye) as I'd actually be awake to enjoy the seat. But will I enjoy it? What can I expect for a meal (5:45 PM departure)? I can't remember when I've last used a cert for a domestic upgrade, other than a YYZ-EWR short-haul during a promo period.

2. illico
    Original Member

illico Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some sort of beef tenderloin. Usually a lemony and overly sweet chicken/salmon. A cheese pasta in some type of rosée sauce. Those were the options the last few times I flew to SFO. I get a odd feeling of déjà vu every time I get the meal in J on this route. At least you are not on for breakfast. I don't know how much more I can stand that omelette /waffle choice.

Get some variety AC!

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, just found out that I need to do YYZ-NRT on either 28-Feb or 01-Mar. Maybe I should fly on 28-Feb and use my last cert for that instead? Decisions, decisions ...

4. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should get a full meal on a flight at that time of the day. I missed flying out of YYZ this week, but as of Friday the 4th the meals were mushroom ravioli, honey glazed(?) salmon and chicken of some kind. The beef disappeared at the end of January.

5. c_9
    Original Member

c_9 Silver Member

Status Points:
    always always ALWAYS use the SSWU for the 13-hour flight. Come on, this isn't really a question is it?? :)

6. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    But what if tomh009's ticket was a Lat fare? Then surely a SWU would be the better option [​IMG]

7. c_9
    Original Member

c_9 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quite right. I should have said "always use the upgrade". If multiple certs are available, absolutely try to use them!

8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly, according to my employer I need to fly T+ if available. The only question here is whether I should fly out 01-Mar instead and use up some eUpgrade credits. But I think in the end it makes the most sense to save those and use the final SSWU on 28-Feb instead.

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup - mine too - although if creative I can get away with Lattitude ;) but that is a rare situation! Am looking forward to the eUpgrades for more T+ upgrades this year.

10. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here ... how often do you actually use the Latitude option?

11. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think in the past year I was able to do it twice [​IMG] So given the number of flights - it is rare [​IMG]

12. yyzgigi
    Original Member

yyzgigi Active Member

Status Points:
    I thought the new salmon was quite good. Personally, don't do the beef and like the additional choices.

13. Mozzarella
    Original Member

Mozzarella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with Gigi. Salmon is good but the beef is pretty bad.

14. lots of AC fare errors to use Lattitude.

15. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never booked a full Y fare. Flight passes that booked into M were good though. :) Also have only flown paid F (domestic) once! :rolleyes: And once due to bad rebooking by AC in DCA! :D

16. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well thus far this year, we used it for a recent YYZ-YVR-YYZ when there were no Z fares available and then burned certs for the upgrade.