Domestic Award Ticket and now schedule change

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ahh7131, May 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ahh7131

ahh7131 Active Member

Status Points:
    Redeemed miles for (yeah I know) 2 coach domestic tickets.
    Since then, there has been a schedule change and the removed the direct transcon flight and rebooked on connecting. First question is can I reject the changes and request to fly out the night before on the direct flight. (Current rebook gets in 5 hours later than original plan)? I think I can based on my feeler call with US. Any other ideas?

Second, when I checked the fare class the outbound leg was X, which seems to be the coach award fare. Ok. But the return leg is in Y (unrestricted coach). Any reason this happened? Does that mean I am eligible for an upgrade?

Thanks.

2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is amazing the flexibility you have with a schedule change. All you need to do it call up US Airways, explain that the schedule change does not work for you, and ask politely to be rebooked onto the flights you want. It helps if you know what flight you are looking for. This happened to me on a trip to Nashville last fall. I booked the less expensive option through DCA (even though it was a CRJ)...they had a schedule change in DCA...so I called up and asked to be put on the flight connecting through CLT on a much more comfortable E175 even though that flight when I originally was booking was $100 more.

3. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    In terms of fare class....I wouldn't count on the upgrade.....but if it happens, enjoy:D

4. ahh7131

ahh7131 Active Member

Status Points:
    I was able to depart a day earlier still on a non-stop, though it took three calls due to inventory restrictions. We'll see if the Y fare gets an upgrade on the way back. Like you said, probably not, but we can hope.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  5. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't seem to find an official policy on the USAirways website. What is the minimum schedule change required to trigger a free change for an international flight? And what can you change - dates, airports?