domestic 767-300 business class (JFK - SAN)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tk1120, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tk1120

tk1120 New Member

Status Points:
    Next week I am taking a 767-300 from JFK to SAN and I am upgraded. Does anyone know if this will have the new Samsung tablets? Do they treat this flight like the other cross country flights?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    JFK-SAN is not on the list of destinations with Samsung tablets: LINK.

There's little consistency to AA's transcon services these days. What specifically are you interested in? Lounge access? Menus? etc?

3. tk1120

tk1120 New Member

Status Points:
    I know that but this is not a standard plane on this route. Asking if people can speak from experience.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you're only interested in personal stories hopefully someone here has flown the route. I'm not JFK based so I have no personal experience.

Many tidbits of information are known by community members that don't necessarily fly the routes.

5. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, if someone told you that they had the Samsung tablet on this route - even if the route isn't scheduled to have them - you'd find that information beneficial? What happens if others have experienced an anomoly and you don't?

I'm a bit confused. Sorry.

DestinationDavid likes this.
  6. tk1120

tk1120 New Member

Status Points:
    I would probably scream, cry and write seven paragraphs here. No, I'm just curious what other people have experienced. Thanks for your input though.

7. HouseofV

HouseofV Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked a J LAX-MIA on the 777. What can I expect in terms of awesomeness? CX J? Flagship access? Tablet?

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's sold as a 3 class flight, so it'll be fairly nice by domestic standards. You'll get the angled lie-flat J seats: LINK.

You will not receive Flagship Lounge access since that is only for F passengers on domestic 3 class routes, and will not receive a tablet because the 777 has entertainment built into the seat.

Catering will be nice and you should receive a menu.

Certainly not CX J, but a nice ride domestically. :D

9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry your question hasn't been greeted too warmly.

I do not think you'll have a tablet on this route. I flew LAX-EWR on a 767-200 in F last week (the planes they mainly use on the JFK-LAX/SFO runs - which always have tablets) and tablets were not offered.

I didn't look to see if they had the cart with the tablets on board...I suspect they didn't.

I suspect you'll get the same (no tablets) to SAN.

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't think anyone lacked "warmth", there was just confusion over what the OP wanted people to post: info or anecdotes. :)

Also AA publishes a list of routes that tablets are available on. Sadly LAX-EWR and JFK-SAN aren't listed. :( As miamigrad mentioned, any appearance would be very odd. Though with some aircraft changes AA might need to update the list.

miamigrad likes this.
  11. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also didn't think the replies to new member tk1120 were all of the tone that has so impressed me with milepoint since stumbling upon it on Google last summer.

If it is any help, the last times I flew an AA 763 domestic, Business Class while pleasant enough wasn't anything all that super. A couple of the interiors I had were pretty worn, and the overhead video monitors pretty unimpressive. JFK - SAN, while transcon, probably wouldn't be anything more special, though since I haven't flown that, my statement is conjecture. I'm sure you will the flat but not fully level sleeper seats that go with American's 763s. The documentation that has since been cited on here makes it pretty apparent that you won't have the tablets.

tk1120, sorry I couldn't help more. From your question, I wonder if your feelings are like mine ("wow, a wide-body transcon in premium class - this could be something really special.") Sadly, in today's times my idealism doesn't always pan out.

Let us know how it goes. I'm pleased to have you with us on milepoint. In terminology AA might use in the marketing video on the aging overhead monitors on the 763s, "We're glad you're here." :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbiUYq-DQsI

12. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the seat as compared to other domestic first class seats you may be used to!