Dollar's Got an Emerald Aisle, too?

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    This past week I rented twice from Dollar at MCO because they were SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than my standard go-to, Hertz. It had been quite a while since my last Dollar rental, and I didn't recall that they had a pick-your-own-car approach similar to National. Is this standard at all/many Dollar locations?

I signed up now for their Express program to speed up the rental pickup time (though it was actually pretty fast and the staff was quite friendly... much nicer than Hertz at that particular location).

2. billydee
    Original Member

billydee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, I've yet to see exactly that with Dollar.

I have seen them use the "board" with Express members names and vehicle slot numbers similar to what their cousin Thrifty now does at certain locations, DEN to name one I'm familiar with.

3. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just rented with Dollar in PHX and was surprised that when going to the cars the Express booth let me choose whatever car I wanted and changed the paperwork quick. And I'm not even an Express member, yet. I picked a new (2K) Kia Soul suv for mid-size rate.

They said that "choose your car in the lot" is their policy now.

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last time I rented Dollar was in Fort Lauderdale and they had the same policy... just "pick a car" from whatever you see in the aisle.

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never saw this with $. Thanks for the heads up!