Does UR ever have transfer bonuses to UA?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by merice107, Jan 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got my Ink a couple of months ago and didn't pay too much attention to the UR points before that. I know I have seen stuff about Amex MR transfer bonuses, but has UR ever done a transfer bonus promotion for converting UR points to United miles? If so, is it a frequent thing?

PointsCashMiles likes this.
  2. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know, UR has never had a transfer bonus to any program, unless you count the discounted gift cards which are often available.
    Hopefully we'll see some kind of bonus for airline miles conversion in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

merice107 likes this.
  3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct that UR has not done this....and I haven't heard any rumblings that it is something that will be introduced (though it would be awesome). In other words, don't hold your breath waiting for a transfer bonus from UR.

Wandering Aramean and merice107 like this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would love to have a 30-50% transfer bonus :D

merice107 likes this.
  5. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I doubt it will happen. When Continental was breaking relationship with AMEX, they let you transfer MR 1:1 whereas one could do it to BA or Delta with 50% bonus.

6. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hasn't Chase already "purchased" billions of miles at a discount from United via the bankruptcy settlement restructure? With that in mind, Chase in theory should be encouraging the transfer to United as opposed to other airline programs where new funds would be needed. Without knowing the price point on the points and miles, incentives to encourage the transfer to "lesser" programs, ie Priority Club, would make sense if the value the M&P community puts on them translates to a factor of what Chase pays.

All this is pure speculation on my part.