Does this sound right???

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Houcha, Dec 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I am thinking of going to Paris for 14 days during 1st of July -12th of July at George V and they have given me guaranteed upgrade and the rate is 1100 Euros per a night? Is that too dear for the George V and should I choose another city/country? or hotel???

adrianors likes this.
  2. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think so.. lucky you (about the rate), I just simulated the same thing here for you and it showed for a Superior Room - one King Bed - 1,350 EUR/night for a total of EUR14,850.00 (same days you said). If you're willing to spend 1100 EUR/night for that Hotel, go forward cause it seems the rates will go up! If you're looking for something cheaper let the community know and somebody (if not me) will reply with some suggestions!

3. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Change hotel :p, you can get Marriott or Sofitel or many other "5 star" for 4-8.000 EUR, so if you go to visit the city, how much stay in the hotel?

4. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    14850 EUR for 2 weeks in hotel? I dont spend this much for my 80+ hotel nights in a year... :)

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    These are nowhere near the quality of Georges V which is an iconic renowned luxury establishment.

6. I am booking direct with the manager Pauline of sales in Paris but am wanting to see if I should choose this or Shangri - La, Mandarin Oriental, Le Royal Morceau, Park Hyatt or wait for the Ritz

I am only looking at "virtuoso" properties

adrianors likes this.
  7. I would not consider the Marriott five star

NYBanker likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I am an iconic renowned cheapskate so you'd probably never convince me that the quality of Georges V justifies the price :)

MSYgirl likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would not either. In fact, I wouldn't even call the Rive Gauche property four star, although one should realize that stars in the official French classification system are defined by a formula involving what facilities and services the hotel provides such as basic minibars or very minimal 24 hour room service, elevators, etc. It is not a quality rating.

Randy Petersen likes this.
  10. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on what kind of room you want the Mandarin Oriental might be a good option, its also a little bit cheaper.. Bed & Breakfast rates starting at 1094 (online) and the room 1000... but is totally up to you.. to be able to help you more.. what are you exactly looking for? More comfort? Cheaper rates? Location?

11. Lots of comfort big room and world class service and of course near the shopping and sites. and a car that takes you places for free and internet for free.

12. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    D'accord. ;)

adrianors likes this.
  13. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    While the FSGV is indeed one of my favorite hotels in the world...and I've stayed there many times over the years...free internet has never been a factor in my decision to stay there. :p

adrianors, mattsteg and brucewil like this.
  14. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Typically the very best hotels charge for internet access. Cheaper chains provide it for everyone.

adrianors likes this.
  15. not when you go virtuoso they don't

16. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points: