does rebooking in Y = 150% EQM?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by thegrailer, Jan 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I originally had UA paper on AC metal. Didn't happen :mad: and I was rebooked on CO in Y. Question is will I receive the full fare coach bonus eqms?

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most likely but you never know...sometimes they credit as your original fare class booked and just sometimes they'll credit as Y.

Scottrick likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have trouble figuring out if it's really Y or not. Sometimes the boarding pass looks like it says Y and it later posts as the original K or L or whatever. But if it ends up posting as Y, you should get the EQM that go with it.

4. COFlyerCLE
    Original Member

COFlyerCLE Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe you will receive your original booking fare credit, not what's printed on the boarding pass. (It seems that if CO spits out a BP for you, it almost always says Y if you are in coach, regardless).

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    With many carriers the letter printed at the airport simply represents the cabin you are seated in, not the fare basis. I'm on an award trip right now (all booked in X) with my BPs showing either M or Y, depending on the carrier.

6. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it posts to your account as Y, you'll get the bonus -- as WA and COFlyerCLE said, what's printed on the BP doesn't count. And you should get the same rebooking class as your original -- sometimes the GA will be nice and bump you up from discount Y to full Y, but that's not your case here.

COFlyerCLE likes this.
  7. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had this happen twice to me recently, once on a mechanical (re-routed SFO-LAX-ORD to SFO-ORD) and on a voluntary overnight bump LAX-SFO. In the first case, I was rebooked from S to Y. the second time, I went from L to F. Both times, I got the 1.5 EQP and extra EQM.

genemk2 likes this.
  8. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    .bomb now shows that it rebooked into Y and if I can add correctly, 150% eqm.

I like that -

9. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad it worked out. My general experience is that this has worked reliably on UA's old system. Some agents would, of course, book into your original bucket or the lowest otherwise available, but I always got the 150% when they used Y. I'm not sure what will happen after the systems change in a few weeks.

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will still depend on what the agent actually does when booking the replacement segment.

11. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I rebooked friday due to weather had a GFare which they redid into full Y, I saw my 150% posted today on my MP account.

12. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have found that if you stay on the same metal you almost never get the 50% bonus anymore. However, if you are rebooked onto other metal (e.g. from UA to CO) you will get the bonus because CO doesn't know what the correct fare basis is when they report the flight to UA for posting.

I just had a bump on Fri SNA-SFO and I was rebooked SNA-SFO in "Y". However, United.com showed Economy "Y" as the class but the fare code was still "K" (KAxxxx). The flight posted as "K".

-RM

13. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    It also depends on your original FOP. If it's a ticket supported by miles, the eTicket is normally noted as such and there will be no credit, even when rebooked in Y or F. Speaking from experience here...

14. Tom
    Original Member

Tom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've actually had the opposite happen here, when some hurricane caused TATL cancellations at the end of an award itinerary in First. The agent rebooked me into F, and I got those miles. Although on the other hand it was a LH flight, so YMMV.

15. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, mine was a UA ticket and was rebooked on UA.

16. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    When a dingbat DCA UA agent "forced" me to take an earlier ORD flight in E-, and I got myself back on the originally booked flight in E+, I considered it compensation for the idiocy that the flight was credited in full Y instead of the W purchased.

17. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experience has been that if I am rebooked from a discounted economy ticket due to circumstances beyond my control, the rebooked ticket would say Y and the miles would usually (not always) post as for Y class (i.e. 150% COS).

18. xopping

xopping Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same situation last week. only get orginal fare code associated mileage credited