Does it exist?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by afakhori, Aug 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a place where one can find others willing to donate/trade off United upgrades that they aren't planning on using or are expiring?

The wife and I will be on a redeye with our "oversized" 1 year old and are looking for a way to inexpensively get a bit more room on our flight from HNL-LAX. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Smiles? Likes? Leave them below ;)

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's the "Exchange" forum for people with Gold status on MilePoint. Technically selling or bartering the upgrades is a violation of the program rules but it happens quietly all the time.

Flyer1976, LETTERBOY and afakhori like this.
  3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:

Assuming you're not buying junior a seat, you can try selecting window and aisle seats in the back of the plane. The middle seat will probably be one of the last to get filled up.

afakhori likes this.
  4. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:

Thats was our solution for the past, but the redeyes seem to be the first to fill up :-/ down to a few seats left on the flight.

So All I need now is Gold status :p. But seriously, it's good to know it's out there. Now to chase the Gold status unicorn!

Flyer1976 likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't work too hard at it; there is currently no content in that forum. Coupon Connection on FlyerTalk may be a better option as it has a more established history/volume of traffic, but you have to be a participating member (180 posts) there for 180 days to get access IIRC.

afakhori likes this.
  6. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    I forgot about CC! I'll go check it out!