Does Hyatt show "phantom" availibility for award stays?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by boondr, Nov 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    What I mean is for the single day I want there is no GP award availability, only non-standard rooms.

However if I search for both the day I need and the day before/after, award rooms are listed as available.

I don't have enough points in my GP for two nights, but I am willing to transfer UR points and change my plans slightly in order to stay at this hotel an extra day. I just don't want to transfer the points and have the transaction error out, leaving me with 22k extra GP points I am forced to use to maximize value before the New Year.

Thank You in advance.

2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ugh, I have a spelling error in the title, how embarrassing.

3. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well with the absence of a reply, I went ahead and transferred the UR points and was able to book the 2 days including the single day that was showing as unavailable. Does any one know if blocking a single day but not multiple is a standard practice for Hyatt GP awards?

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Minimum stay requirements are not uncommon with hotels in general, whether for cash or award stays.

boondr and Wandering Aramean like this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is not uncommon for hotels to have rules about things like single-night stays in some room types or on some dates. In so much as awards are tied to the availability of a particular type of room it makes sense that the same would happen with the award.

boondr likes this.