Does Hilton Status Match?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by garyst16, Mar 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I apologize if there is another thread on this topic but unable to locate it using my iPad on this flight.... Does anyone know if Hilton will match status e.g. SPG Platinum?

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only official word on status matching from Hilton is that they do not do it to achieve Diamond:
    This implies that they can status match to Gold, but to find out how you probably need to call or email HH CS. What Hilton seems to prefer and has done for years is to fast track people to Gold or Diamond. However, it recently got even easier to achieve HH Gold if you have good credit: Just get the HHonors Citi Reserve visa card, and you will be Gold for as long as you remain a cardmember in good or bad standing ;).

garyst16 and uggboy like this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Benefits associated with Diamond membership?" "Commitment we uphold to those who achieve Diamond?"

Would that be the insane point devaluation and the handing out of Gold status like candy? :rolleyes:

Kalboz likes this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let me be controversial: If one does the math with hard numbers, the latest so-called HHonors points "devaluation" is pure fiction because all the new categorization -- like every re-categorization -- does is to bring the value of HHonors points in line with changes in room rates since the last great devaluation of 2010 and in the number of base points required to make elite (e.g. 20% more to make Diamond). Between the higher room rates since 2010 and the higher point requirement to make elite, a Hilton frequent guest now earns 20-30% more HHonors points a year for their spend, which is about the same as the size of the so-called devaluation. This simply means that although reward stays at some properties will require more points, guests are now earning a lot more points (and I am not even counting points from "new ways" like churning) so that it is a wash. The plus side (because there is always one) is that one actually comes out ahead at many of the properties that retained their old categories!;)

Well, tell that to those who keep claiming that there are no differences between HH Diamond and HH Gold. The fact that Hilton is now handing out Gold Status like free candies on Halloween night is one of the clearest indications of just how worthless HH Gold has become...

HHonors has been trying to make Diamond the only elite status that was worth achieving and I believe that we are now there...

6. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I contacted the HH folks and provided copies of my current status with SPG, which includes LT Gold... they offered a "fast track" requiring me to stay 21 nights over the next 90 days...

Kalboz likes this.
  7. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took the easy way out and applied for and received the Hilton Reserve card which gives me Gold status for the $95/year annual fee... Since I stay at Hilton so infrequently and will never make any status other than Blue, this seemed the better way to go...

ffitalia, Kalboz and NYCUA1K like this.
  8. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Email to Hilton:
    "Good Afternoon,
    I am inquiring if Hilton does status matches from other programs?
    I am currently Silver with Marriott and Platinum with IHG. I can provide proof of both/either.
    I am considering moving my stays over to Hilton based on friends recommendations but wanted to compare the elite benefits. Thank you."

Email from Hilton:
    "Thank you for your inquiry regarding a tier offer. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
    As a one-time exception, I have upgraded the tier status of your account to Silver. Please allow up to 10 weeks to receive your new card.
    If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you."

Ill take it. :)

ffitalia likes this.
  9. xhunter33x

xhunter33x Silver Member

Status Points:
    They have been very helpful to me. I was with one hotel group for over 15 years and kept having one unpleasant experience after another. I contacted Hilton and asked about attaining their gold level and they offered a 'challenge' based on the history I provided them. I won't start traveling much until April and they even offered to defer the start date to accommodate me! I chose to start now and just pay for rooms here in the city in which I live. I figure, get that out of the way and then hopefully when I am actually out and about traveling it should be more pleasant. :)

WilliamQ likes this.
  10. Phly4Phun

Phly4Phun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gold is very easy to obtain via credit card or anyone that purchased Milepoint premium membership can "gift" it to you

ffitalia and Sammich like this.