Does Emirates give you pajamas in first class?

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by Punki, Mar 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do they have caviar?

MX and jbcarioca like this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes to both questions. Great use of AS miles if you're thinking award.

3. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we are using Alaska miles. We are going to fly down to LA and visit family so we can get an A380 to Dubai. After a few days in Dubai we fly to Rome. Both legs in first on A380s. We are going on a cruise out of Civitavecchia and the distance from the airport in Rome to the port is 74 km, just four km beyond the limit for the free limo. They say it will cost us an additional 15 Euros, but that is still a smoking deal. :)

After we return from the cruise, we will spend a few days in Rome and then fly Air France to Paris where we will spend a few more days, and then fly CDG/LAX on and Air France A380 in biz, and then heading back to SEA on AS in first. Los Angeles, Dubai, Rome, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice, Korcula, Malta, Sicily, Naples, and Paris. It is so nice to be retired and be able to take one's time while traveling.

adambadam, OY-JFS, MX and 1 other person like this.
  4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Brilliant use of chauffeur drive - love this idea!

5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    In FC on the A380 there are showers. For paid tickets long haul they provide private car transfer service at both origin and destination, but as you point out they've their own table for allowable distances, luckily I have never had an excess. There are options but the standard FC malt whisky is Glenlivet 18 and the usual Champagne these days is Dom Perignon 2003. Caviar, however, is route specific so on some routes sometimes they do not have it. When they don't the usual option is outstanding smoked salmon or the equivalent. FWIW, the only notable difference between EK F on the A380 at the B773 is the shower. The suites are identical as is the service and perks. The A380 is marginally quieter and smoother, and the public areas larger, but who cares when you have your suites?

BTW, if you get AF F you get access to the spectacular FC lounge at CDG, catered by Alain Ducasse with all that that implies. You're picked up from your arriving flight by a very nice agent who whisks you to the lounge in a new BMW hybrid or a high end Peugeot, where you go through security for your connecting flight if that applies. All in all, Mrs jbc and I have a narrow preference in favour of whichever one between AF, EK or SQ we last travelled. Just now it is AF since we just got home yesterday from an AF flight, while it was six weeks ago for the last EK one.

The pyjamas on both EK and AF are among the nicest ones we have ever had. Overall EK F suites are more private than are the AF F seats. AF does have a dressing room on the A380 for F and has seating to easily allow two passengers flying together to share a meal, as does the suite on EK. AF usually repacks the pyjamas in their original package for you to take with you. EK makes you do that yourself, usually.

As another point AF FC upgrades are easy to get using FlyingBlue miles, but usually impossible to get with partner airline miles. EK award FC is harder to get (I haven't managed it yet) although I'm told by another EK-riding friend they are more readily available recently.

Only here and in TOBB would we write such arcane and trivial feature comparisons.

WilliamQ, OY-JFS, From NYC and 2 others like this.
  6. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since we don't have any AF miles, we will not be flying first on AF. :( I am kind of concerned about the AF biz seats as I have heard some very bad reviews. Hopefully they are somewhat better on the A380s.

Oh well, we will have our EK first experience from LA to Dubai and the from Dubai to Rome.. We will just have to suffer through the return trip unless we can magically find EK for the retun as well, but then we would miss out on Paris.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. 0alfonso

0alfonso New Member

Status Points:
    dressing room on the A380 - sounds good but i never found it on Emirates.
    I also found the food in the biz from Emirates not good but I was only on long distance flight between Asia and London .
    The lounge in Dubei is quite good.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew in the AF380 in Business only on a RT from CDG-LHR-CDG, when they were doing in-service experience building. I did not find the business class seating very obnoxious but nothing special. OTOH I fly GIG-CDG often in business on AF A330's and B744's. Neither are spectacular but both Mrs JBC and I have been comfortable enough, and the food, drink and service do compensate pretty well, so we continue to fly them. Most of the time we could use either EK or LH with equal convenience and have their F, but price does play a role too and AF business is less than 25% of either of those others in F. You'll survive nicely, I predict.

this is what somebody in another thread recently was calling a "first world problem".

OY-JFS likes this.