Does CO &/or UA have twitter customer service accounts?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Sweet Willie, Nov 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    MLW20 posted recently on the AA forum that American Airlines has a a customer service account (@AmericanAir) & AAdvantage (@AAdvantage)account on Twitter, as well as that both accounts seem to be quick with answering questions sent to them.
    I know UA had a twitter feed that was primarily for spreading fare sales & corp info/press release type stuff.
    Is this UA twitter account one that I would use for customer service issues? BTW, what is the UA twitter account?

Also does CO have a twitter feed that can be used for customer service issues? If so, please share what it is. THANKS.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://twitter.com/#!/unitedairlines (or @UnitedAirlines)

http://twitter.com/#!/united (or @United) -- they shortened it a while ago.

I don't know if they take customer service issues via that channel.

hulagrrl210 and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The account you want is @united but they aren't particularly great at answering questions IME. Certainly far behind @DeltaAssist or @JetBlue.

4. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. @DeltaAssist is super responsive. DL effectively uses social media as a tool to interact with customers and takes its Twitter and FB presences seriously. Unfortunately, Twitter and Facebook seem like afterthoughts for UA... or at the very least, lost opportunities.

sdm1130 and Scott Schmidt like this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the responses, seems as if there isn't a CO twitter.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was. They consolidated that function earlier in the year to the single account.

7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks! (as my issue was on CO)

8. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used the feedback function on the CO website some months ago to report a particularly egregious case of flight attendant profiling. A month and a half later, I received an email response telling me CO prides itself on responding to its best customers in a timely fashion; it thanked me for flying CO and awarded me 5,000 miles for any inconvenience I might have experienced. I'm keeping count, and that's one F You for being thrown out of the exit row, another F You for being placed in the middle seat in the second last row, one more for sending a take the piss email a month later, and three more for the content of that email. I of course earned at least a dozen bonus F-myself's for flying another 100,000 odd miles on the carrier after this incident took place. So yeah, forget Twitter, the [customer relations] link in the Travel Support section of the "Contact-Us" tab is where it's at.

9. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, and another thing about contacting CO via the Customer Relations link... If you have a poor in-flight experience, there is actually no way to categorize it. IIRC, they have every possible permutation of complaint category including Star Alliance Inflight Problem (description might be off) but nothing appropriate for inflight issues on their own metal.