Does Citicard member notation on AA.com= AA to adopt US's bogus award processing fee?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Max M, Aug 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently aa.com began showing whether you have a citi aadvantage card after logging in.

I was scratching my head to try to figure out why such a notation was there.

Then it dawned on me-- to think like pAArker--and by doing so, came up with this scary theory:

-USAirways has a similar notation on your dividend miles account if you're a USAirways Barclays credit card holder.
    -Unlike AA, US has a bogus award processing fee on all awards, unless you're a USAirways Barclays credit card holder (and I believe the fee is only waived flights US metal-- please correct me if I'm wrong about this)

So if you're AA and have publicly said you're not going to change AAdvantage into a revenue based model in 2015, why not in 2015 adopt the bogus award fee charge that US imposes-- but waive it for Citi AAdvantage customers?

I really hope I'm wrong about this theory...

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    These boards are rife with wild speculation and bogus theories.... see if you can think of any reasons AA and in turn the member might want them know that you possess a Citicard?

I can think of three right off.

Newscience likes this.
  3. jakem4800

jakem4800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can earn the opportunity to get the fee waivers on award travel by spending 25k in a calendar year on the US air Barclays, otherwise they still apply if you are anything less then gold preferred.. Not sure about whether it's only US flights or not, however if they consider it "dividend miles select benefits" then yup only US flights qualify

Newscience likes this.
  4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the AA equivalent mileage level to US for Gold Preferred? Is that the EXP/100K level?

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    US Silver=AA Gold=OW Ruby
    US Gold=AA Platinum=OW Sapphire
    US Platinum and/or Chairman???? = AA ExPlat=OW Emerald

There's been discussion about expanding the AA system to include 4 levels but I don't think they have announced anything on that yet.

tom911 likes this.
  6. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    And sometimes "this wild speculation on these boards" such as:

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...rb-of-premium-cabins-on-other-aircraft.85251/

and "bogus theories" are indeed correct (as observed in post #24)

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...rb-of-premium-cabins-on-other-aircraft.85251/