Does Chase Match (Previous) Offers

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by edekba, Jun 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I Know Chase matches offers for 90 days if the offer increased; however mine is a bit different. I applied/approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred 40k on 4/23/12. It is my understanding that the SP 50k offer ended 4/03/12. Thus I missed it by 20 days... you think it would be worth while for me to send a message to Chase asking to be matched to the 50k offer? Or is the point matching program one sided?

2. jjoyce

jjoyce Active Member

Status Points:
    It takes about 30 seconds to send a SM. Don't think you're risking a whole lot giving it a shot. ;)
    I've heard on other boards of people saying their recent 25,000 Southwest card was bumped to the 50,000 point offer that recently ended but I'm highly skeptical. Maybe they would bump you up if you just missed the old offer but I can't see them doing that for very long, if at all. I can see why they bump you to more lucrative current offers, but it sounds a little crazy if they continued to give the more lucrative offers after they ended those more lucrative offers. If that were the case, what would be the point of ending the offer in the first place?
    But since when have banks ever been accused of consistent sanity. (Never.)

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got it Thanks! Just thought I'd ask if anyone ever tried it before.

4. OneSweetWorld
    Original Member

OneSweetWorld Silver Member

Status Points:
    PM and I can send you a screen of the 50k offer. May boost your chances if you submit the message with that.

edekba likes this.
  5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! it worked!

FYI i didnt spend $30,500 in 93 days ... :) I think that was a typo.