Does Cash and Points Qualify for Airline Miles?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Explore, May 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does C&P qualify for airline miles base earning and promos, in lieu of Hyatt points? (I take it that the cash portion does earn points).

Also, has anyone found C&P offered when the My Elite rate wasn't offered? I'd like to think the My Elite rate is a guide to when C&P might be offered, and therefore worth my while to call Hyatt.

Thanks.....

2. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had asked the same question to a Hyatt GP representative and here is the answer: "I am glad to inform that the points plus cash stays are considered as eligible stays and are eligible to earn triple airline miles." Regarding your other question. I found that if basic points are available (not higher Club ones) then C&P is available.

3. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I second that if points are offered cash and points seem to also be offered

4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Disagree that if points only standard room is avail then c+p is also avail - have seen many times this is not the case at all sorts of properties.

TAHKUCT, Explore and Garp74 like this.
  5. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    And having done more research, a "My Elite" rate does not guarantee C&P (especially at resorts?), though the likelihood increases.

TAHKUCT, ballardFlyer and IDGflygirl like this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also have seen several properties that offered stays on points, but cash and points was not available.