Does BA have other partners besides airlines to spend miles on?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Benjie Craig, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. So my wife and I signed up for the 100k bonus last year, and now I have 200k of miles and I can't find flights that are either available or "cheap enough" after the fees BA tacks on. Do they have any hotel partners, or other partners to use the miles on? thanks, Benjie

2. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    No unfortunately no magazine, auction, car or hotel. The only thing you may be able to do is points.com but they take so much its not worth it.

3. CT-UK
    Original Member

CT-UK Silver Member

Status Points:
    As already said they can only be spent on flights.

I am guessing you are talking about Chase miles and a re shocked at the fees. Even with fees you still get pretty cheap buisness class tickets compared to paying cash but yes they aren't free.

Also look at redeaming them on partner airlines for very low fees.

4. More Champagne Sir?
    Original Member

More Champagne Sir? Silver Member

Status Points:
    You don't need to spend the miles straight away. Just keep your BA accounts active by ensuring there is one transaction every 36 months (credit card spend on the BA Chase will do). Then, when the right time/flights become available and/or you can afford the fees, then get booking :).

CT-UK likes this.
  5. Biu
    Original Member

Biu Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can also get some ideas by following this other thread to see if awards to non-European destinations might work for you. The fees are lower if you don't fly on BA metal or route through LHR.

Or... I can become the godparent for that cute baby in your picture and you can pool your miles into my family account [​IMG]

6. Eorpa
    Original Member

Eorpa Active Member

Status Points:
    Come visit Hong Kong - those BA miles can be redeemed for Busines Class on Cathay Pacific - 100K each

And the taxes are almost non-existant!

7. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    exactly. one can go as far as DPS from NA for only 100K with a stop over in HKG and I have seen others even add in PEK.