Does AS have a high revenue elite program?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Seacarl, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    United has a program called Global Services for high revenue flyers (like $50K/year but unpublished). I think Delta and AA have something similar.

I've never heard of such a program for AS, but on a recent flight a FA told me that such a program exists and it ranks people ahead of 75K. Has anyone heard of it? Details?

2. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was mentioned that high revenue customers would be invited to be an MVPG75K and enjoy the benefits that comes with it... However, I do not know if high revenue 75Ks are higher on the waitlist than regular 75Ks... They would have to create a separate waitlist if they want to do that...

So yes AS does grant status to high revenue customers, but whether it is above 75K or not, I do not know... Maybe this is one of the reason AS will not status match anyone to 75K??

3. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK no such program exists on AS. UA/CO have much more structured versions of this type of program, as there it's a real FF elite level, where you get priority on waitlists and that type of thing--in both airlines' cases, these benefits are most definitely published (although the thresholds to attain them are not). On AA, Concierge Key (à la Ryan Bingham) offers a few fringe bennies and purportedly better treatment during IRROPS, but CK is not treated above Executive Platinum for upgrades, waitlisting, etc. (it is not considered another level of elite status as it is on UA/CO). I can't speak to DL, but if such a program exists over there I don't believe theirs would be placed above DM either, more in line with AA than UA/CO.

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the "plan" was to have the high revenue tier as part of the 75K Tier, but so far, nothing.

5. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have heard occasional references to a mysterious "VIP" program with no published criteria. I assume it's reserved for the very, very top revenue customers of Alaska (if I were to guess, those who are spending north of $50,000 per year) and isn't something that any of us are likely to ever be invited to.

Alaska's #2 flyer, on the other hand...

(Oops, that's a reference to That Other Board... :p)

Cholula likes this.
  6. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the plan was to fill the unused portion of the 2,500-member quota of the 75K tier with high revenue flyers. Seeing as how that target was breezed by, I wouldn't be surprised if they see no need to do any shoulder-tapping.

It's also entirely possible that the Mileage Plan management has looked at those they would have done the shoulder tap to and seen that most, if not all, have already qualified for 75K on their own...

Cholula likes this.
  7. Cholula
    Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    About time you came over here to The Dark Side, :).

Welcome!

jackal likes this.
  8. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Living a dual lifestyle. I wear sunglasses over here.

dgreen12 likes this.
  9. seaflyguy
    Original Member

seaflyguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know about a high-revenue elite program, but I do know that AS has comped people status for business deals -- there was a note that when they made the deal to name Alaska Airlines Arena at UW, they also threw in 20 MVPG memberships.

10. fooko2002
    Original Member

fooko2002 Active Member

Status Points:
    AS definitely knows the 'top' people by a number of criteria (miles, dollars, segments) and I would assume they do some monitoring of those individual's itineraries. Additionally, if there are service issues with those individuals, I imagine that they get the attention of AS customer care leadership fairly quickly. It would just seem odd to me that they have the data and don't do anything with it.

11. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    What else could be offered? MVPG is already generous and presumably high revenue means they are buying instant upgrade fares and not just a daily PDX-SEA commute.

kayet likes this.
  12. AKGUY
    Original Member

AKGUY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Easy, big fella. You are polluting the new HOM.[​IMG]

13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL used to have EP (Executive Partner, also known as white envelope) but they say that it was discontinued and not replaced after the merger, when they introduced the new published DM (Diamond Medallion) level.