Does anyone have a guide to applying for business credit card?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by fewtreezy, Nov 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    This may be a stupid question to a lot of people, but I'm a newb at signing up for business credit cards. Could someone point me to a link to a guide or post a guide to signing up for a business credit card? I want to do the southwest business card and, potentially, the ink. Does anyone know if I will be approved for a chase business card if I've done 2 chase personals in the last month? Thanks!

Jimgotkp likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    That will be pushing it with Chase, but since it is a business and not a personal card I would think you have a shot. Just be ready to explain things to the reconsideration department. I certainly would not go for both the Ink Bold and the SW Business right now. I would pick the one you want to start with and then several months down the line perhaps try for the other. Good luck!!

fewtreezy likes this.
  4. gwhit21

gwhit21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would spread out your Chase apps as much as possible. They seem to be offering all the good bonuses now, but you don't want to hurt your relationship with them or miss out on a potentially higher bonus in the future.

5. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chase is very sensitive to the number of applications. You may be able to get the business card now, but expect to call in to the reconsideration department and explain your business and verify your income.

I'd pick 1 business card to apply for now, and apply for another one after a few months. Good Luck!

6. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I just got the "Chase interogation" today myself for a business card and it was only my second Chase app this year and first business card. I got it approved, but had to give up a lot of personal credit to get it. They aren't playing!