Does Anyone Else Notice the FUNNY, Inaccuracies of Airliners on TV and in Movies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gregm, Oct 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm a stickler for details. I'm the first to notice anything aviation in a movie or something on TV. I'm also the first to notice accuracy, or lack of. I'll give you an example:

On a few Seinfeld episodes, there are airport/plane scenes. One is when Jerry flew with Elaine (where they sent her bag to HI because she insulted the skycap.) There was one seat in Y and one in F. Jerry took the F seat and Elaine flew in the back. For the exteriors, they shot the outside of a Southwest 737. If Jerry flew in F they couldn't be flying Southwest as they have no First Class.
    Another episode featured Elaine returning from her European trip with Puddy and for the exterior, they shot a 747 while the interior was clearly a narrow-body. (That was the episode she sat next to 'vegetable lasagne'!!)

Anyone else notice this? I can name a whole lot more but I thought I would see who contributes what. What have you noticed?

2. bobsgt
    Original Member

bobsgt Gold Member

Status Points:
    On CBS' The Amazing Race we will see teams "board" on LH, they will show an AA plane in the air, and then they land with AF... or some such similar nonsense. And that's every week.

3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    gregm, Thanks for this post! I especially enjoyed your observation: "If Jerry flew in F they couldn't be flying Southwest as they have no First Class."
    As they like to save at SWA: "All our seats are first class"! :)

bobsgt and gregm like this.
  4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC, in the movie Up In The Air, they had AA with a direct from Milwaukee to St. Louis.

bobsgt, Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, let's face it, there's some pretty accurate depictions of air travel in many movies, especially in a certain "classic movie" :rolleyes::

6. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    On TV right now....Not funny or inaccurate....watching "Flightplan" (I'm bored) and the interior and exterior shots are all fake.

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    That's why they call it "Amazing". After all, it's not The Ordinary Race.

bobsgt likes this.