Do you need to clear re-security between Terminal A and E?

Discussion in 'BOS/MHT/PVD | Boston Area Airports' started by newbluesea, Jul 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a flight on UAL out of BOS in early Sept as a I am usually a AA flyer and I have Admirals club membership (only)
    Would it be too much of a hassle getting from the club in A to the UAL gates at E( assuming I have some time to kill) ??

2. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    ? I'm confused

UA gates at BOS are in Terminals A (for flights to pmCO destinations) and C (for flights to pmUA destinations). TSA likely won't let you by security if you don't have a boarding pass for a gate behind that section. You likely won't be able to access the Admirals Club in Terminal B North/AA side with a UA ticket.

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry about the confusion but it seems I have the terminals mixed up...in any rate for your response it seems that I would need a AA boarding pass to access the AC.

4. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    No worries. There are ways to access the AA terminal (refundable ticket that you cancel before the flight would take off), but to me, they aren't worth dealing with TSA just to access an AC. The walk is also pretty long, or you have to wait for the shuttle bus between terminals. See if you can get a one-day pass for the United Club, there's one in each of Terminal A and C. I was in the C one last month, I prefer the AC but I did know the bartender at the UC :D.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info... I have two CO club passes (somewhere) I had got from my CO Mastercard I believe they are now valid for the United Clubs so I will have to go dig them up.