Do you know where to find me?

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Nov 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if so, could you let me know where I am??

Seriously, though, it struck me this week as I was on my way to Rio working a story for another site that perhaps y’all might not know about some of the other sites I write for or other places to find me online. Seems this is as good a time as any to try to fix that a bit. So, without further ado, some of the many places you can find me online:

Other websites

• Fodor’s News: I write a few times a month about the airline industry for the Fodor’s blog. Pretty straightforward and often closer to straight news reporting rather than in-depth analysis/opinion.
    • The APEX Editor’s Blog: The Airline Passenger Experience Association is an industry trade group focused on things like in-flight connectivity, seats, airport facilities and lots more. It is a more B-to-B than B-to-C so there’s a different tone to the content but I find myself reading a lot of the other pieces there more than not.
    • Airchive.com: Airchive is an incredible collection of aviation history/memorabilia and a blog featuring current travel experiences. My first piece for them was about my experiences on the inaugural Denver-Tokyo flight with United a couple months back. Next up for them is the trip I just took to Rio.
    • PointsHoarder: Would you prefer to listen rather than read about points and travel and such? Check out this podcast that I do every other week with Stephan, Fozz and Rolo.
    • Hack.Travel: Looking for one single source of useful and coherent information, culled form more than 130 different blogs in the points & miles space? This is the site for you. I collect the best information out there every day, removing the duplicates and covering a much broader range of content than shows up here.
    Social Media

(Please feel free to follow/friend/circle/whatever me on any of these you’re using as well)

Other Stuff

• If you haven’t at least looked at my free travel tools you’re missing out on a bunch of cool stuff. Award searches/alerts are the most popular bits but the Airport Lounge Guide has details on nearly 800 lounges around the world, including photos from more than 170 of them. It also has integrated external reviews and videos as well as a meeting-calendar option. Plus you can add reviews and add lounge visits to your TripIt itineraries from the site. I also happen to like the UNESCO World Heritage Site visit tracking tool there.
    • Daily Travel Photo: Exactly what it sounds like; a photo I took somewhere in the world and which I think is worth sharing

There are a few random guest posts out there, too, but I don’t really remember where they all are. And there’s a decent chance I forgot about something in here, too. I’ll try to keep this list up-to-date as things change.

The post Do you know where to find me? appeared first on Wandering Aramean.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

Continue reading...

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah...that project is almost certainly dead. Sorry.

The traffic levels never really picked up and the time investment was a bit more than I could justify. :(

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks
    Honestly I'd be happy with un unmoderated version with all posts, but I guess that would be difficult to categorize each post automatticly.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    How important is an excerpt to you in the initial feed? Is just post titles/author enough?

6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would prefer to not go to the excerpt page to get the re-direct link, rather just directly click on the title and go to the post. So I don't value the excerpt.

But currently I view the site manually, only recently did I add the feed to my RSS but there has been no updates since.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It actually gets easier to implement without the excerpt. I'll see what I can do.

iolaire likes this.
  8. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah...I'm switching things up a bit but getting it back in action. Some users have complained about too many emails; I'm looking in to that.

Are you using the homepage, RSS feed or something else?