Do UberX Drivers Actually Make Money?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    It's no secret that Uber is my one of my favorite innovations for ground transportation. When public transportation in a city isn’t good, I used to get really frustrated by the lack of options and taxi “mafias,” though fortunately Uber has solved that problem in many cities. Uber Black is the “standard” service and a bit more than a taxi, while they also have UberX, which is usually cheaper than a taxi. And thanks to the instant feedback loop (you rating the driver and the driver rating you), service is excellent across the board, in my experience. I feel like I understand the economics of Uber Black pretty well. The cost is a bit higher than what you'd pay for a taxi (though flat rates from airports can be a steal, especially internationally), but for that additional fee you're getting a nicer vehicle, GPS tracking, and the convenience of paying through the app. UberX, however, is another story. The post Do UberX Drivers Actually Make Money? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...