Do they split eqm's?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Photonerd71, Dec 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I cant seem to find this answer (using phone so searching airlines websites not easy). But, if i have a round trip flight that leaves on say Dec 29 and returns on Jan 5 will the eqms's be split (the outbound on this year and return next year) or will they all be on next year?

Starting to plan my 2013 advetures, and wanting to spend next New Years someplace other thab my house alone. Sydney has a nice rinf to it. :)

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    EQM flown in 2012 apply to this years qualification. The January flights will apply toward 2013 qualification.

malikguy likes this.
  3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is credited based on date of departure for each flight.

4. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you both. Makes planning easier knowing that.

5. It can depend on the airline flown and how you report the OB flight. If you want the miles posted next year take your FF number off your BP and call it in about two weeks later. At least on AC they will post it in next year's earned miles.

6. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    That won't work on neary every airline. Even if posted late (by not attaching FF number) when the miles do get posted they will attach to the relevant status earning period based on date flown.

7. I guess we Canadians are just a little more practical:D SOMETIMES